Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to install new LAME version? (Read 6685 times) previous topic - next topic

How to install new LAME version?

I apparently have an ancient one installed. I see there is one fairly new one one the rarewares site (3.100).
How do i install this? Just copy the exe & dll on the relevant directory?

Also, does the "Free encoder pack" contain up-to-date versions? Should i install it from there instead?

Re: How to install new LAME version?

Reply #1
Free Encoder Pack v2018-05-22 includes LAME 3.100, so that would be your easiest choice.
https://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack

But you can use any EXE you want, just create a new converter profile poiting to it + a valid command, like this (320kbps CBR)
-b 320 -q 0 --silent --noreplaygain - %d

Reply #2
OK, i just installed "Free Encoder Pack 2018-05-22" . Now my foobar directory has the "encoders" folder plus the old LAME folder i had created years ago. Will foobar automatically go for the LAME in the encoders folder?

Reply #3
I'm not sure actually. Encode a file, open it with foobar2000 afterwards. It will say which encoder was used.

Reply #4
I deleted the original folder and foobar defaulted to the encoders one. Thanks!