Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can a German speaker help ID this song? (Read 4182 times) previous topic - next topic

Can a German speaker help ID this song?

A partial sample from a German Internet radio streaming station that was sent with no metadata;  the station's playlist showed a different, not actually played song for this spot.  If someone can either translate the German lyrics and/or provide the artist/title, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!  Very atmospheric female vocals with odd, abrupt end:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=53804695985672880052

Re: Can a German speaker help ID this song?

Reply #1
Did people forget there's shazam?

Anyway, it's Blue Metal Rose - Roulette

Reply #2
Many thanks, fuflo!  And actually I never heard of Shazam, which is probably a tip-off to my generation :-[   But now I do!

Reply #3
Just FYI, if you have an iOS or Android device, you can ask Siri or the Google app, respectively, to identify a song for you, too.

Reply #4
If someone can either translate the German lyrics and/or provide the artist/title, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

here is the translation! i like translating. can learn always some new words!

you surrendered
took each day as it came (comes)

alcohol and cigarettes
are pulling your strings

my life goes on without you
do you sometimes think of me?

or are you floating away
to a busy place?

are you filling the void in you?
with sex, money and beer? (alcohol would fit better imo, but hey: at least it's german beer! :-)

or do you pretend being nice?

russian roulette

russian roulette

russian roulette

...taking the easy way out
and you let yourself go

can you understand
the clock is still ticking

my life goes on without you

or are you floating away
to a busy place?

are you filling the void in you?
with sex, money and beer?

or do you pretend being nice?

russian roulette

russian roulette

russian roulette

nice again

Reply #5
Thank you also to kode54 and hakadespra!  I was able to add the whole song to my collection thanks to posting here.  Love the style. 8)