Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: SACD ISO to DSF \ DFF C# App for Windows  (Read 12691 times) previous topic - next topic

SACD ISO to DSF \ DFF C# App for Windows

Hi,

For those who do not like to install Java (required for ISO2DSD), I attached an application written in C # using Microsoft .NET Framework.
In order not to limit the version of the sacd_extract.exe file, it must be downloaded as described in the application instructions and correctly setup.
Unlike ISO2DSD, the extraction runs in a standalone Windows command line.
This way, the extraction process is visible and accessible through an independent command line Window.
First, it is more stable, using less memory.
Second, if the system blocks for any reason, the extraction does not keep running invisibly, just like ISO2DSD does.
The GUI may look simple, but that was the intention.

English is not my mother language.

FR

PC: Dell Latitude E5250 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Amp: Classé CAP-2100 | CD Player: Meridian G08.2 | DAC: Naim DAC V1 | Turntable: Linn Axis, Akito tonearm, Adikt MM | Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28 | Cables: Transparent, Nordost | Synology DS216 Play Raid 1 |

Re: SACD ISO to DSF \ DFF C# App for Windows

Reply #1
The application worked fine on my side. Thanks!

Reply #2
Hi, thanks for the develope. Will you open source it?

Reply #3
How is it different from (better than?) sacd_extract?
https://github.com/sacd-ripper/sacd-ripper/tree/master/tools/sacd_extract
It builds easily and does the job; and it's not Windows-only, and you can inspect that there's nothing nefarious in the source code.
Doesn't need Java too.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #4
Thanks!

Reply #5
The only problem with sacd_extract is that it does not seem to be actively developed.

I've had a pull request up there for over 7 months to fix a pretty nasty bug in the ID3v2 tag writer.

Otherwise it works well.

Reply #6
The only problem with sacd_extract is that it does not seem to be actively developed.

I've had a pull request up there for over 7 months to fix a pretty nasty bug in the ID3v2 tag writer.

Otherwise it works well.
You could become the next maintainer then (by advertising your fork as the up-to-date version or something)
But apart from possible security holes (buffer overflow, etc) it doesn't really need to be actively developed, the essential stuff is already there.
(I don't think it's worth spending more effort on such a stillborn and unnecessary format as SACD.)
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #7
Dude, congratulations! Grade 10! Allow me a suggestion (not that it's very important either): Try putting in your program the custom track selection feature. OK? Thank you!

Reply #8
.NET Framework apps, unless intentionally obfuscated, are by definition open source, if not free.