Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with hello world error. (Read 1658 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with hello world error.

I'm new to foobar2000 plugin development and I want to get started on a plugin. I'm using visual studio 2015 and when I try to compile I get this error.
Error   C1083   Cannot open precompiled header file: 'Release\foo_sample.pch': No such file or directory

#include "stdafx.h"

// Sample initquit implementation. See also: initquit class documentation in relevant header.

class myinitquit : public initquit {
public:
   void on_init() {

}
   void on_quit() {

}
};

static initquit_factory_t<myinitquit> g_myinitquit_factory;

is the only code I have to compile right now.
I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Help would be appreciated.

Re: Help with hello world error.

Reply #1
Wikipedia on precompiled header - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precompiled_header

Are you trying to build just your cpp file and not the whole project? Try building your whole project instead, the PCH will be generated automatically then.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.