Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EncSpot 2.0 (Read 12524 times) previous topic - next topic

EncSpot 2.0

Reply #25
what does the 'Original' function in Encspot mean/refer to exactly........

It indicates whether the "original" bit is set in the bitstream.

I've read various descriptions on what it actually means, but I can't really remember (I haven't cared enough). But it has nothing to do with the actual audio of the file, and it doesn't matter if it's set or unset.

I think it is INTENDED to identify whether something is an encode from original source, or a transcoding. i doubt anyone uses it though, so all MP3s are pretty much marked original.

EncSpot 2.0

Reply #26
EncSpot_2.1b1 - If "This page is not available." try cut & paste.

Please don't ask me for the key. Because it's abandoned software & there is no way to buy a key I guess there isn't much wrong but I won't be supplying it, sorry.

EncSpot 2.0

Reply #27
what does the 'Original' function in Encspot mean/refer to exactly........

When you are encoding an mp3 you can set a tag called 'original', so this is what encspot is showing...depending weather it has been set or not. It is pretty much meaningless, because someone that altered or transcoded the mp3 could also add this information even though it is *not* the original file...this is why I never use this tag anyway and this is why encspot doesn't indicate my mp3's as an original
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

EncSpot 2.0

Reply #28
thanks Jojo, folks for the info. on the 'Original' setting....:-)

EncSpot 2.0

Reply #29
Hello. Sorry for my poor English. I have a question about this utility:

What is scalefactor in this case, and what does it's value mean? And what is scalefactor_scale?
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

EncSpot 2.0

Reply #30
Scalefactor band 21 problem:

The last scalefactor band (sfb21 for long blocks or sfb12 for short blocks) has no own scalefactor. This scalefactor band covers the range from 16kHz up to the higher frequency limit, when using 44.1 or 48kHz sampling frequency.

If the resolution of this part of the spectrum must be increased (determined by the psychoacoustic model), the local scalefactor, which is missing, can not be used to adjust resolution. In this case, the only solution is to adjust the global gain value, but this global gain is impacting every scalefactor band.

To increase sfb21 resolution, the global gain value has to be reduced. To balance this, scalefactors of other scalefactor bands can be reduced. But once they reach a value of 0, they can not be reduced anymore, meaning that an higher than needed resolution will locally be used in those bands, leading to an inflate of the bitrate. When encoding sfb21 content, it is common to encounter some scalefactor bands that are encoded with a too high resolution just to accomodate the coding needs of sfb21

Mp3 Limitations

EncSpot 2.0

Reply #31
Thank you. Very interesting information, but I still do not understand what is "Scalefac" value (%) and "Scalefactor_scale" attribute in the EncSpot ?
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!