Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta (Read 21440 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta 1 has been released. The defining feature of this version is its newly added ability to play/decode files in the rapidly emerging open-source, multi-purpose format Opus (formerly CELT), a standard by the IETF.

See foobar2000.org for the download and our own sub-forum Other Lossy Codecs for the thread about Opus . . . since my current hardware makes posting links at this point effectively impossible.

Please make use of this thread as a convenient location for discussion, feedback, questions, etc. about this and subsequent betas of v1.1.14.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #1
Download here, and discuss Opus in [a href='index.php?showtopic=86580']this topic[/a].

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #2

Hello !
My GDATA Antirus Program from GDATA Internet Security 2013 notifies by downloading the file
foobar200_v1.1.14_beta<-1.exe
a virus:
VIRUS: Variant.Kazy.73496 (Engina A)
I donloaded directly from the foobar server.

I downloaded now version 1.1.13.

rabum

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #4
Thanks for letting me have a taste of Opus!

I used "--music --bitrate 64 - %d" and it works fine. I notice that the output is always 48,000 KHz. Why? Can I keep CD's?

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #5
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-terriberry-oggopus-01
Regardless of the audio bandwidth, the reference decoder supports decoding any stream at a sample rate of 8, 12, 16, 24, or 48 kHz. The original sample rate of the encoder input is not preserved by the lossy compression.

An Ogg Opus player SHOULD select the playback sample rate according to the following procedure:
1.  If the hardware supports 48 kHz playback, decode at 48 kHz.
2.  Otherwise, if the hardware's highest available sample rate is a supported rate, decode at this sample rate.
3.  Otherwise, if the hardware's highest available sample rate is less than 48 kHz, decode at the highest supported rate above this and resample.
4.  Otherwise, decode at 48 kHz and resample.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #6
I see.
Thanks, lvqcl.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #7
I'm too downloaded the new version of foobar and the MSE, Iobit Malware Fighter 1.5 and Advanced System Care 5.5 2013 found viruses too. I go back to the version 1.1.13.
rasecjorgehttp://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/style_emoticons/default/crying.gif

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #8
Your IObit tools are powered by BitDefender engine too. They have now fixed the false positive detection and if you update your databases, it should no longer scare you with false readings. According to VirusTotal Microsoft Security Essentials should not claim it to be malware either. And it never should have.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #9
Thank you so much for coding opus support so that we can stream instead of decode to wav to listen to an encoding. Regards.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #10
Yay, this bug is fixed. Thanks.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #11
Got it. So far it's all good...
Avast! AV didn't have any false positive.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #12
I don't know if this is related to the beta, but if I right click on the foobar icon, when it's pinned to the taskbar, the icons for play and preference seems to be missing

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #13
I tried pinning foobar to the taskbar, but I get no such icons. You might try this. This helps whenever Start Menu icons get messed up.

Step 1:
Close all folder windows. Launch Task Manager using the CTRL+SHIFT+ESC key sequence, or by running taskmgr.exe.

Step 2:
In the Process tab, right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End Process.

Step 3:
Click the End process button when asked for confirmation. From the File menu of Task Manager, select New Task (Run...). Type CMD.EXE, and click OK

Step 4:
In the Command Prompt window, type the commands one by one and press ENTER after each command:

CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
DEL IconCache.db /a
EXIT

Step 5:
In Task Manager, click File, select New Task (Run...) Type EXPLORER.EXE, and click OK.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #14
Thanks for the tip, but for some strange reason, it did not work, in DOS I get this message:
C:\Users\Bjorg\AppData\Local>del iconcache.db /a
Could Not Find C:\Users\Bjorg\AppData\Local\iconcache.db

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #15
It may be a bug with whatever component you are using to add Windows 7 Taskbar integration, be it one of those Windows 7 Shell components, or Columns UI, if it happens to support that natively.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #16
It may be a bug with whatever component you are using to add Windows 7 Taskbar integration, be it one of those Windows 7 Shell components, or Columns UI, if it happens to support that natively.

I don't have any Windows 7 Taskbar integration component, I had to remove it, because it is unstable. I don't use CUI, only DUI

But, yes, it's one component that is causing those icons to be missing, but I can't figure out witch one, for the time being
But, thanks for the replies

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #17
I think I see the issue: Having installed and uninstalled the windows 7 taskbar integration component, it left behind these entries with broken icons. I see it in 1.1.13 and I also used to have that component installed. It's not there on another machine with pretty much an identical fb2k installation except that I never installed that component. Deleting the iconcache as EagleScout1998 suggested doesn't remove the entries, nor does just unpinning and re-pinning the icon, but I'm sure there's another thing somewhere in windows that can be cleared to make them go away.

Edit: Easy fix: Re-install the component , go to preferences->display->windows 7 integration, uncheck the boxes for Play and Preferences under jump list contents, apply, and remove component again if so desired.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #18
Yes, that did do the trick, thank you for your help

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #19
Belated:
2012-08-01
foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta 2 has been released, with Opus related fixes and ID3v2 handling improvements.
Download...
Read change log...
• Improved compliance of ReplayGain tagging for Opus files (beta 2).
• More robust handling of ID3v2.3 TDAT frames (beta 2).

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #20
Beta 2: Cannot tag Opus file with track gain only: it always show both track and album gain tags.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #21
The problem is that Opus only has two gain fields and no peak fields.

First, it has a header gain field. This field is supposed to be where R128 album gain is written.

Second, it has a tag field for R128 track gain. This field is supposed to be an offset relative to the header gain field.

The recommendation for writing only track gain is to write it to the header field, then write zero to the track gain offset field. foobar2000 does this. If you don't do this, then files you apply only track gain to will be likely to play without gain correction in many players, as they are likely to correctly observe the header gain field, but not as likely to observe the track gain offset tag.

Unfortunately, then there's only one way to read that back. You can either assume that a track gain offset of zero means that the track gain is identical to the album gain, as foobar2000 does now, or you can assume that track gain was written to the header field, and the result would be that files with identical album and track gain would read back as only having track gain.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #22
I actually like that foobar trims the date to YYYY-MM when the TDAT frame's day is 00 when displaying, but I think reflecting this in the Properties dialog is a bad idea.

Properties should display the contents of the TYER and TDAT frames as is, IMO. Not doing so makes it impossible to discern what the TYER and TDAT frames' contents are when there's a problem. Users might think the info is missing when it isn't, prompting them to re-tag their files/albums when, for example, the only problem in those frames is whitespace. To view these frames' contents now, one must open the files in an external tag editor/viewer.

I don't know if it's possible to have two different ways to show the content of frames, one for display and one for the Properties dialog; however, I think a better way to handle this (if it's possible) is for foobar to return the contents of the frames differently when it detects that one of the frames is formatted incorrectly. Two possible ways to do this would be to display the bad frames contents in red text or within quotation marks.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #23
If you are using ID3v2.3, then you can either have both the month and day set, or neither. If you are using v2.4, then your options for date and time are a little more flexible, as each successively more detailed field is optional.

foobar2000 v1.1.14 beta

Reply #24
It appears you've misunderstood the subject of my post so I'll restate it more clearly and succinctly.

The manner in which the TYER and TDAT frames are parsed in the beta hides and/or misrepresents the contents of those frames when either is formatted incorrectly, which in turn may make it impossible to format them correctly using foobar's Properties dialog. Misleading users into believing the relevant data/frame isn't present (when it is but formatted incorrectly) isn't a good idea IMO.

Again, I think it would be better to return the contents of those frames as is, and if it's necessary to draw attention to the fact that one or both are formatted incorrectly, then return the contents inserted within double quotation marks.