Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_touchremote - Remote control for iPhone/iPod Touch (Read 142962 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_touchremote - Remote control for iPhone/iPod Touch

Reply #50
The developer of foo_touchremote just released version 0.1.2.1 to support Remote v2.

Reply #51
That was fast, works once again

Reply #52
The developer of foo_touchremote just released version 0.1.2.1 to support Remote v2.

Just to clarify, it's a patch with the same version-number as the one from february. Get it here. The developer wrote the news on his frontpage. He also mentions that the component is not dead and development has been resumed recently
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #53
After updating Touch/Foobar getting failed to load DLL  foo_touchremote procedure not found... Running Foobar 1.1 

Reply #54
Hi,

a question regarding the Touch plugin. I have an Ipod Touch with OS 4.1 and installed the latest Itunes 10.0.1 on my PC.

I then installed foobar2000 1.1 without any plugins - just the plain foobar. Then copied the new touch plugin into the components and started foobar.

Under Settings/Tools I switched to Iphone/Ipod Touch Remote and paired the devices - this worked perfectly and pretty quick :-)

Then I wanted to connect tzo my library but there's no chance. I searches and searches but did answer. No error or other notification.

Does anybody have the same problem?

Regards,

Alex

Reply #57

Just to clarify, it's a patch with the same version-number as the one from february. Get it here. The developer wrote the news on his frontpage. He also mentions that the component is not dead and development has been resumed recently

I read it as the component IS dead and being replaced by a generic server..

Reply #58
I read it as the component IS dead and being replaced by a generic server..

Hi everybody.

I’ve posted nothing here for a long time. With all that moving and job changing stuff I actually had no time and stamina left for my hobbies.

But I’m sure you’re more interested in the plugins here and not in my private life  Some news for you:
1. foo_w7shell isn’t going to be updated in the nearest future. It works rather fine and doesn’t need a lot of attention.
2. foo_touchremote is NOT dead. The work on it was just resumed

And the most significant thing: my view on touchremote project has completely changed. The primary motivation factor was my backup HDD went to the better place (R.I.P.), so I’ve lost a major part of the project’s source code  And I’m just too lazy to write it all in C++ once again.
So the project is going to be rewritten from scratch in C#. It wouldn’t generally target only foobar2000 (foo_touchremote.dll will be only a layer to bridge with foobar’s media library), but also could be plugged into any player. When the core components are ready, I’m going to make a binding to the Windows Media Player as well.
And since it is a managed code, it’s not only for Windows – Linux guys could also port it to use with Banshee (or other player which could understand Mono-based plugins). Since there’s no Bonjour for Linux platform, there would be a way to switch to another mDNS implementations (most likely it would be zeroconf project).

But don’t expect it soon as the work has just started.

That’s all I wanted to say for now
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #59
After updating Touch/Foobar getting failed to load DLL  foo_touchremote procedure not found... Running Foobar 1.1 

install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl999

update: i now get the same error :/

Yes the link you provided is to same ver of Bonjour I'm running - No Itunes installed on Laptop.. Maybe have to wait for new version but if the dev. has only just started on it we may have a while to wait.  C'est la vie

Reply #60
Hey,

I also tried the standalone Bonjour Service from: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl999 . No Itunes or quicktime just this service. Foobar was starting without problems and the pairing did work perfectly. But after this no response from the device. It is searching for hours now. No notification or error warning. Does anybody have the same problem? I completly deactivated the firewall, restarted my wireless router but no change.

Regards,

Alex

Reply #61
Hey,

I also tried the standalone Bonjour Service from: http://support.apple.com/kb/dl999 . No Itunes or quicktime just this service. Foobar was starting without problems and the pairing did work perfectly. But after this no response from the device. It is searching for hours now. No notification or error warning. Does anybody have the same problem? I completly deactivated the firewall, restarted my wireless router but no change.

Regards,

Alex

Same problem here

Reply #62
Finaly working, just activated the Windows firewall 

Reply #63
Hey,

Finaly working, just activated the Windows firewall dry.gif

I did so but no change :-( I cannot login. With itunes itself it work with or without the firewall.

Regards,

Alex

Reply #64
Hi, I just bought this iPad with latest OS, I tried to synchronize it to foobar2000 1.1 on my pc that runs Win XP sp3.
So I downloaded Remote 2.0 and Bonjour only and no iTunes. In your opinion what happened? I entered the four digit code but was impossible to find foobar library. I tried with windows firewall on and off.

Now I’d like to know if it is a problem due to the “touchremote.dll” that is not suitable for the latest OS…and if hopefully it will be fixed.

Best regards and many thanks to anyone who has the willingness to help me

Gianluca

Reply #65
Gianluca,

The update that the author released to fix the problem didn't so if you have Apple remote v2 and dont have the earlier version on itunes so you could revert (if you haven't synch'd after update to v2) I'm afraid you will have to wait for the rewritten version that the author is apparently working on. Sorry can't give you a quick fix.

Reply #66
Thanks Sonvolt for your reply. So it takes to patience. Maybe I could try an “UPnP” solution, do you have any suggestion?
Regards
gianluca

Reply #67
does anyone have the foo_touchremote 0.1.2.1 from before it was patched?  Maybe someone would kindly upload it somewhere?

thanks,
pcstockton

Reply #68
pcstockton  follow link on page 1 first post to access earlier versions.

Reply #69
Every one who has a problem with the iPhone remote timing out while searching for the library needs to make sure they have a a playlist activated in foobar2000.
For some reason the remote app won't see the library if a foobar session is just started and no playlist selected.

Reply #70
Every one who has a problem with the iPhone remote timing out while searching for the library needs to make sure they have a a playlist activated in foobar2000.
For some reason the remote app won't see the library if a foobar session is just started and no playlist selected.

Hi Robert, for"playlist selected" you mean that a tune of that playlist must be playing during the searching?
thanks
gianluca

Reply #71
Apple the 15th of October released an update of Remote 2.0, I installed it on my iPad and tried to connect to the foobar library but still nothing. Did anyone have the same problem ? I also installed iTunes on my PC and ripped some cd to ALAC, in this case Remote works perfectly and it is outstanding…unfortunately without asio control it sounds  less dynamic and open compared to Foobar

gianluca

Reply #72
Thanks Odyssey, that patch worked. I'm having crashes when I tap on the shuffle button on the playlist screen though, on the ipod touch 4th gen. I gotta start play first with any song in the playlist and then shuffle works just fine (from the "now playing" screen). It's especially annoying when this happens though cause I lose the library on the ipod, and I have to pair again.

Also, instead of crashing when searching from artists like the author is experiencing, I don't get anything on the ipod, the lists for Artists and Albums are simply empty.

Reply #73
Hi everybody,
after downloading the new version of remote and the patch of the foobar component I'm able to connect to the foobar library but when I choose an item from the author list the system is stuck up until is timed out. On the contrary it seems that the list of albums is normally retrievable. I didn't have this problem with the previous version. Could anybody help me...?
Thanks

Reply #74
Hi Nico unfortunately I'm not able to help you. I'd like to know if you got an iPod or iPad, and if you have installed the most recent SO.

g