Skip to main content

Topic: foo_random_pools (Read 82050 times) previous topic - next topic

• fbuser
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Re: foo_random_pools
Reply #200
I have seen this component in different occassions but never found it of interest, basically because of lack of an intuitive interface.
Besides some possible minor enhancements, which are not worth to put effort into it, the interface is as intuiitive as it can be for the designed purpose.

Certainly I would like to have special playlist, but my mental hard disk does not feel attracted to learning code, even in the most elemental ways.
If you are not willing to to this, then this component is absolutely nothing for you and will never be. But this doesn't only apply to this component, it applies also to many other components, which require at least some basic knowledge of foobar2000 title format.

We, general users, want buttons. Buttons are for that, you do a clic and then you got some results that somebody -the programmer- experienced before and that you can tell are wonderful and use every day.
To create a component like this just with buttons, which magically know, which result the user expects, is simply not possible.

As it is right now is an incomplete component very few persons can use.
The component is neither incomplete nor can it only used by a few persons. Only the few persons, which are strictly deny to learn anything new, won't be able to use this component.

• Romroll
  • [*]
Reply #201
Hello fbuser,

thanks for your answer and for your work!

• Queseuq
  • [*]
Reply #202
Hey, would it be possible to have a pool output it's tracks to the queue, rather than a specific playlist?

• fbuser
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #203
Hey, would it be possible to have a pool output it's tracks to the queue, rather than a specific playlist?
I don't think, that it is useful. There is nothing relevant , what you can do with the queue, what can't also be done with a playlist.

• Queseuq
  • [*]
Reply #204
I don't think, that it is useful. There is nothing relevant , what you can do with the queue, what can't also be done with a playlist.

Hmmm, I thought that might be the case. I still prefer the queue though for a couple of reasons:

1. right click -> Add to queue. I may be being stupid but I haven't found a way to replicate this with playlists
2. With the queue it is possible to display the active playlist and the queue at the same time. I haven't yet found a way to display the active playlist with the now playing playlist beside it.

If anyone knows a way to get these features working with a playlist, please enlighten me!

• fbuser
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #205
1. right click -> Add to queue. I may be being stupid but I haven't found a way to replicate this with playlists
This can be done with foo_playlist_attributes and foo_utils:
  • Create a playlist Queue (of course, the name can any other name)
  • Define it as prioritized playlist globally (Preferences -> Tools -> Playlist attributes -> Playback settings)
  • Disable "Stop after current" and "Bookmark last playback position" only for the playlist Queue
  • Enable "Remove played tracks" and "Remove skipped tracks" for the playlist Queue
  • Set "Continue on playlist ..." to "- Last playlist -" for the playlist Queue
  • Right click provided by foo_utils: Legacy Commands -> Add to Playlist -> Queue

2. With the queue it is possible to display the active playlist and the queue at the same time. I haven't yet found a way to display the active playlist with the now playing playlist beside it.
This is also possible, but as far as I know only with ELPlaylist, which requires ColumnsUI, or with ESPlaylist, which is also working with Default UI. In both cases you can set the playlist viewer to follow the currently playing playlist instead of the active playlist.

• Queseuq
  • [*]
Reply #206
Thanks fbuser!

I think the way I want to use foobar2000 is going to require quite a few workarounds whether I use the queue or a separate playlist. All part of the fun of using foobar2000!

Reply #207
Hi!

Is it possible to limit the selection of the pool to the tracks from a specific playlist (as opposed to any tracks from the media library) ? Thanks in advance
Decalicatan Decalicatan

• fbuser
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Developer
Reply #208
Is it possible to limit the selection of the pool to the tracks from a specific playlist (as opposed to any tracks from the media library) ?
No.

Reply #209
ty for the answer!
Decalicatan Decalicatan