Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fiio x5 III + foobar2000 + DsD (Read 1166 times) previous topic - next topic

Fiio x5 III + foobar2000 + DsD

Hello,
I try to listen to iso sacd of my windows using fiio x5 as dac usb.I have installed all foobar2000 plugins by setting dsd playback, foobar recognizes x5 well but when I read a file the sound is very low and it crackles, I hear the song in the background but it is unreadable. It does with all my dsd files, you would have a solution?

Config : Tools > SACD > Output mode > DSD
Playback > Output > Device > DSD : ASIO : Fiio ASIO Driver
File : DSD64 5645kbps 2822400 Hz

Thank you in advance

Re: Fiio x5 III + foobar2000 + DsD

Reply #1
You'll need to take care that you are not using any DSP, volume control, replaygain, etc. either in foobar2000 or in the OS (e.g. Windows).  You might search for Bit Perfect playback and your DAC.  Some DACs have specific bit perfect tests that can help (e.g. playing a certain test file will display some sort of confirmation that the DAC is receiving the exact correct bits.)  With some DACs it may be easier to get bit perfect playback using their ASIO driver if they provide one, but you can get reliable bit perfect playback with WASAPI or kernel streaming as well.

[Edit: tho what I said above is true, the more current versions of foo_input_sacd seem to bypass a lot of the issues above in foobar2000, but the ASIO driver you are using may or may not be bypassing the OS's volume control (or other sound processing "features".]