Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play count data is missing after crash (Read 971 times) previous topic - next topic

Play count data is missing after crash

Anyone happen to know in which file playcount data is stored?  Is there a way to transfer play count data from one installation to another?

I've had the same stable installation for over 4 years.  Then yesterday Foobar crashed and gave me an error message that I didn't read because I was in the middle of something else.  Soon thereafter my whole computer froze and I had to do a cold restart. Very unusual... (I'm curious if it has to do with a recent biography mod that I added last week.)

Anyway when I restarted, Foobar didn't ask me if I wanted to start in Safe Mode like it usually would, and when it came up my UI was totally gone... it was back to the default UI.  I do use Foo_jesus, but unfortunately the backup it saved was made AFTER the UI was reset, so it was useless.  Luckily I found an older copy of Foo_jesus from 3 years ago.   So I have a 3 year old version of my UI and my playlists, but my play counts are gone.   Where did the data go?

Anyone know how to restore play counts and/or transfer them from one installation to another?

Re: Play count data is missing after crash

Reply #1
I guess this question has really stumped everyone?  Playcount data has got to be stored somewhere....

I have an autoplaylist that shows which songs in my library are unplayed.  My old installation showed about a third of them unplayed.  Now that I restored my UI using foo_jesus, the autoplaylist shows that every song is unplayed.  Which file would determine the unplayed songs?  What are the mechanics of play count?  I don't think the data was being pulled from the individual music tags...

Re: Play count data is missing after crash

Reply #2
They're in the file <your profile folder>\foobar2000\index-data\C653739F-14B3-4EF2-819B-A3E2883230AE