Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Windows 10 (ten) (Read 2499 times) previous topic - next topic

Windows 10 (ten)

I have installed foobar and loaded my music, when i click play it just stops playing no error or anything.

Windows 10 (ten)

Reply #1
when i click play it just stops playing

Did it never play, or does it stop playing?

If it has never played, try Preferences->Playback->Output

and make sure the device is listed as DS: Primary Sound Driver.

Then goto the Windows "Change Sound Card Settings" and make sure you have the correct device set as default.
elevatorladylevitateme

Windows 10 (ten)

Reply #2
It has never played. I've installed it as a program and as portable program neither has worked. I tried all the sources in output and they all do the same thing i press play and it say starting playback... then immediately playback stopped... and i get no sound what so ever.

Windows 10 (ten)

Reply #3
Do you have this?

Windows 10 (ten)

Reply #5
BTW, fun fact: if you right-click an item in the album list and select "Play" it will play without needing or creating a playlist.

But otherwise, yes, you need a playlist.

[edit]Also, right-clicking things is generally how you expose a lot of foobar2000's functionality, so if you're ever stuck again, check the context menu. It might be a little weird at first, but the more you do it, the easier fb2k will be.
elevatorladylevitateme

Windows 10 (ten)

Reply #6
And a further note to using context menus, both context and main menus will reveal more options if you are holding the Shift key when you open the menu.