Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rockbox 3.11.2 released (Read 36838 times) previous topic - next topic

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Version 3.11.2 of the open source digital audio player software Rockbox has been released.

See full release notes: 3.11 / 3.11.2

Some new things since version 3.10:
  • The Sansa c200v2 series and MPIO HD300 are now stable
  • Allow customisation of the main menu (see Advanced Topics section of the manual)
  • USB enabled on Sansa Clip+, Clip V2, and Fuze V2
  • Sansa Clip players can now return to WPS using the Home key
  • iPod hardware clicker
  • Implemented GUI boost (timed out CPU boost during scroll activity) for a more responsive GUI.
  • List icons and theme images can now have alpha information embedded
  • Add support for down-mixing multichannel FLAC files
  • A large number of bug fixes

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Reply #1
Finally USB is supported on Sansa Clip+. Now my Clip+ is complete  .

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Reply #2
I cannot get USB mode to work on my Clip+. Win7 tries to install a device driver (USB Mass Storage Device) upon connection, but fails. The device does not get mounted at all.

EDIT: I suck, I had to disconnect and reconnect it, the second time it worked.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Reply #3
Finally USB is supported on Sansa Clip+. Now my Clip+ is complete  .

USB mode is working for me. However this presents a new problem, since I like to leave the clip+ plugged into my computer at work while it plays. Now a picture of usb connector displays and the device is unusable other than for transferring files.

Think I'm going to have to construct a usb cable with the data pins removed.

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Reply #4
I think that if you get a cheap USB to power socket adaptor you can connect it to a wall plug instead of the PC and use it as you intend. I've not tried this since USB support was added, but I assume that functionality remains unchanged.

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Reply #5
3.3  USB Charging

To charge your player over USB, hold any button while plugging it in. This will prevent it from connecting to your computer and let you continue to use it normally. Your player must already be in Rockbox for this to function.

Note: Be aware that this button may still perform its normal function, so it is recommended to use a button without harmful side effects, such as Select.

also, as you won't need to boot into the original firmware anymore, i'd delete all it's files/folders ('m left with just .rockbox and MUSIC when i'm done). this gives ~180MB in space which is a good 3-4 albums to me. that obviously can differ depending on what encoding you use.

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Reply #6
Thanks, that's got it 

Could you see any reason that you might need the old firmware? Say if rockbox gets bricked somehow, it might be useful to hang on to.

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Reply #7
the original firmware isn't part of those files so you can still reboot into it at anytime (hold left when powering up).

besides, you can't brick rockbox now. the only risky part is the flashing of the firmware.

Rockbox 3.11.2 released

Reply #8
I cannot get USB mode to work on my Clip+. Win7 tries to install a device driver (USB Mass Storage Device) upon connection, but fails. The device does not get mounted at all.

EDIT: I suck, I had to disconnect and reconnect it, the second time it worked.

I experienced the same thing!  I unplugged it, and the USB image was still displayed.  Then I plugged the cable back in just like that.  It then recognized.  That was strange, but I just wanted to make an account and let you know that I had the same experience and that your post fixed it.