Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4575518 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7150
the picture pretty much describes it but go to display > columns UI > playlist view > grouping and there is a "new" button at the bottom of the existing groups container, select it and enter the code i posted.

Reply #7151
I did what you said, but for some reason I get this :

Reply #7152
that might be because of the way your columns are sorted. it looks like the track numbers are sorted so it displays the songs in numerical order. my foobar doesn't sort songs that way. this is how i formatted my sorting (first option under "behavior") and if you use the same code it should work.
Code: [Select]
%artist% - %date% - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%
if that doesn't work, you may need to change the metadata on your files. you only have 4 artists so it shouldn't be a hassle.
by the way, since your main folders already list "disc #", you can just delete that portion of the code.

Reply #7153
 I chose Facets because I thought Columns UI was not in development for a long time? What are the [dis]advantages of Columns UI versus Facets?

Reply #7154

Do you mean presets for the colours? Or adding a new type of colour where Item, Selected item etc. are listed?

Colours and Fonts>Colours>Mode>Custom 1 or Custom 2 or Custom 3...(New Custom 1 or New Custom 2...)
Yes, presets/colour schemes would be nice, but other things are probably more important at the moment.

Hi, is it possible to add number of items to a filter, like in facets?
Would be nice if You can choose if you want to show them or not.
Not presently, but it's planned for a future version.

Hi all, I hope I am in the right place here.
I would like to create a column that checks if an item is already in another playlist. Is such a thing possible?
Not as far as I'm aware.

I chose Facets because I thought Columns UI was not in development for a long time? What are the [dis]advantages of Columns UI versus Facets?
Well, the version of Facets on foobar2000.org was released on 2011-08-18, although I haven't seen it labelled abandonware. Overall Facets has more functionality than the equivalent feature in Columns UI, but Columns UI is a complete replacement for the Default UI and not just Facets.

Reply #7155
Hi all!

What is a good panel to display information about the now playing file?
(artist title, etc; also audio format, frequency, channels, etc; playback time/length/remaining. Maybe with playback/volume controls)

I'm rather tired of relying on the crappy statusbar or titlebar to view such information.

I'm looking for something more graphic and structured and as such more useable. Something like other audio players such as winamp might have.

Reply #7158
For JScript there is a marc2003 nowplaying sample that you can start with, which even I managed to customize (and I know nothing about jscript).
Panel stack splitter is actually easier than it looks like, especially if you only want to use it for the nowplaying info, which basically requires the $drawtext function.
But if these two options are too demanding, the Columns UI item details panel is really not that bad.

I'm late

Reply #7159
For JScript there is a marc2003 nowplaying sample that you can start with, which even I managed to customize (and I know nothing about jscript).
Panel stack splitter is actually easier than it looks like, especially if you only want to use it for the nowplaying info, which basically requires the $drawtext function.
But if these two options are too demanding, the Columns UI item details panel is really not that bad.

Thanks. I'll have a look at them.

Reply #7160

By some miracle I managed to edit the now playing script to not show the last.fm stuff.
But as I changed one of the lines to add playback time, it only shows a question mark. So I guess I can't change that easily to show something dynamic. Looks like I only have the details panel left.

(As for panel stack splitter, I can't even figure out how to add a panel with that...)

Edit:
Can I change text color/transparency in the Item Details panel?

Reply #7161
One thing I want that I can't figure out. How can I get part of the text in the same line left or center aligned while the other part right aligned?
Can anyone tell me?

Reply #7162
Hmm. I just noticed I can't make replacement for the total duration feature with this panel because I can't get it to show summary data for selection.

I found no way at all to reprodce that information, and such as total size of selection. Am I missing something?
I guess I'll have to re-enable the status bar...

Reply #7163
One thing I want that I can't figure out. How can I get part of the text in the same line left or center aligned while the other part right aligned?
Can anyone tell me?
As far as I know the alignment settings are for the whole item details panel.

(As for panel stack splitter, I can't even figure out how to add a panel with that...)

File > Preferences > Columns UI > Layout

right-click on the splitter you want to insert the new panel in

Insert panel > Splitters > Panel Stack Splitter

I'm late

Reply #7164
Can anyone tell me?
As far as I know the alignment settings are for the whole item details panel.

File > Preferences > Columns UI > Layout

right-click on the splitter you want to insert the new panel in

Insert panel > Splitters > Panel Stack Splitter
Thanks for the tips. I sort of customized the CUI item details panel. I just ran out of ideas with the multi select total duration issue.

Reply #7166
Translated as was possible within my limitations this plugin for the Portuguese of Brazil, leave it attached.

Reply #7167
Good afternoon, I searched but did not find the option to delete my own posts, would like to remove the post I made earlier, does anyone could direct me how I do it or an administrator erase my previous post this?

Reply #7168
Hello everyone. I've been happily using Columns UI for about 8 years now, but there are still a few things I would like to be able to do. So here are a few questions / feature requests (mostly concerning album art)...

Questions

1. PNGs not showing?
First of all, I've just updated the plugin (for the first time in years) and for some reason it is not showing any artwork in PNG format. The artwork doesn't appear either in the playlist, or the Album Art panel. It works fine for JPEG artwork, but not for PNGs. Anyone know why?

2. Custom placeholder image
Is it possible to use a custom placeholder image for when an album has no artwork - instead of the standard image of the white note?

3. Custom divider color
Is there any way to change the color of the dividers/splitters? I find that the white lines look too bright and vivid against my black theme. I would love to be able to make them gray.

4. Keep currently playing song highlighted
A little problem I've always had is that if I start playing a playlist, then go to a different playlist, then return to the original playlist, the cursor no longer highlights the song which is still playing. Is there anything that can be done about this?

5. Auto stretch small playlists?
Feature request: Just an idea, but I would love a feature called "auto stretch small playlists". If you open a small playlist (like an album with only 10 songs), and there is space at the bottom of the playlist panel, then this feature will automatically stretch the whole playlist to fill the vertical space, automatically increasing the font size, line spacing, and column width, so that all the songs appear bigger.

6. Is Album Art Panel still in use?
I had lately been considering using the Album Art Panel plugin, but I notice there hasn't been any activity on its thread for a good four years. I also notice that Columns UI now has an "artwork sources" box in the options. So I am starting to wonder if Album Art Panel is no longer needed, and if Columns UI can now do most of the things this plugin did?

(The rest of my questions are all things which Album Art Panel can do, and I would like to know if these are possible with Columns UI?...)

7. Cycle through images
Clicking the artwork panel cycles through all the artwork in the folder (not just the cover and first artist pic).

8. Launch image
Double-clicking the artwork panel opens the image (in an image viewer)?

9. Slideshow?
When a song is playing, the art panel shows a slideshow of images?

10. Fade?
When artwork changes, it fades smoothly instead of instantly?

11. "Focus playing"?
Album Art Panel has a button in the context menu called "Focus playing" which jumps to the current track in a long playlist. This is so helpful. Does Columns UI have anything like this?

12. Two art panels?
Is it possible to have two artwork panels set up so that one always shows the front cover by default and the other always shows the back?

13. Stretch to fit?
When cover artwork isn't perfectly square, you get annoying gaps around the edges in the Artwork View panel. Is there any way to make it "stretch to fit"? However, I only want this when it's nearly square, because I also have many album covers that are not supposed to be square, such as images of cassette tapes, or screen caps from games etc.

sorting NG Playlist question

Reply #7169
Hi all,
this question has been raised a lot, and actually, I feel a little bit dumb, but I cannot find a way to get the sorting the way I want it. I've read not all posts of this huge threat, but google didn't helped me neither.

Hopefully, reading the last hours gave me knowledge about the important infos, you need to know to tell me what -obvious things- I am still missing...

What I want is: grouping all my playlist items in a single Group.
When I click on Tracknumber or Artist, I want to sort for Tracknumber or Artist, but keep the grouping intact.
Unfortunately, this is not working. The grouping is mixed up, while manually sorting by clicking on the column-headers of the NG Playlist.

I have only one single grouping pattern %DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID% which is the Release ID of the DiscgoGS site for i.e. an Album. Im my screenshots, its the "DG_ID" column on the very left.

My set up:
F2k-Prefs -> Display-> ColumsUI -> Playlist view -> Grouping -> [X] show groups -> Script -> [%DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID%] or just %DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID%

This tag DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID is unique for each Album in the playlist, and I assume, that all of my tags on my files are correct too.

General Set up:
-Win7 64Bit, German
-f2k 1.3.10,
-CUI 0.5.0 (also tested with 0.3.x versions)
-I use NG Playlist
-activated or deactivated [X] sort incoming files by %path_sort% (Which I understand is not important when manually sorting...)
-No Theming on Quick Setup
-Playlist grouping with or w/o Artwork
-No active Sort Scripts in F2k-Prefs -> Display-> ColumsUI -> Playlist view -> Columns -> Scripts -> [ ] use custom sort script

Those are the tags for one album, shown in the playlist:

Each album has a single unique DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID (DG_ID), so I expect the grouping to work like this mockup:

because:
1) DG_ID is the same, so grouping is applied here for two albums.
2) Title sorting was activated by hand, so Titles are sorted alphabeticially.

But instead, I get:

So, there is obviously something wrong with my understanding of grouping and the behaviour of this great component, which I use since years, but never had enabled the grouping with artwork before.

Anyways, the same strange thing happens, when I change the grouping script to
[%DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID%][ / %ALBUM ARTIST%][ / $if2(%DISCOGS_RELEASED%,%DATE%)][ / %ALBUM% ][ / CD%DISCNUMBER%]
or any other, like:
[%ALBUM ARTIST% ][/ %DATE% ][/ %ALBUM% ][/ CD%DISCNUMBER%]

Anybody willing to throw 2 cents ? ;-)

Reply #7170
A playlists first sorts all tracks, then groups them.

(Do you expect that the playlist first groups tracks, then sorts them within each group?)

If you group by %DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID% then you should sort by %DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID% / %TITLE%

Reply #7171
1. PNGs not showing?
PNG files should work, they work for me except for weird cases of tags(?). Do you mean they don't work at all or some of them? What kind of artwork (files/directory or in tags) do you use? Paths?

2. Custom placeholder image - Display - stub image

3. Custom divider color - not sure if possible, possible in panel stack splitter

4. Keep currently playing song highlighted - it's not?
$if(%isplaying%,$set_style(back,$rgb(a,b,c),$rgb(d,e,f)) in globals or column style scripts
Check tools (in columns style or globals) or columnsUI wiki for string help. $rgb(a,b,c) = background colour; $rgb(d,e,f) = selected background colour. 

8. Launch image - not possible, possible in WSH panel mod or JScript panel -  album art script by marc2000, find them yourself  ;)

12. Two art panels -  Try it.

Reply #7172
Hey lvqcl, thank you!

(Do you expect that the playlist first groups tracks, then sorts them within each group?)
Yes.
IMHO grouping tracks is senseless, when the grouping is cancelled by a manual sorting.

Why destroy a group when sorting?
If you have 10 childrens and group them by their color of hair and then sort/put them in a row by age, they have still the same hair color :-)

A playlists first sorts all tracks, then groups them.
Ok,

If you group by %DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID% then you should sort by %DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID% / %TITLE%
Ok.
I guess, that implies, that manually sorting (while clicking the header columns of a playlst) within all groups is not possible at all?

Or can I just add all possible sorting options, as you suggested above, to the grouping scripts and it will do? (I guess not, but I tried, and it did not work out...)

Reply #7173
I guess, that implies, that manually sorting (while clicking the header columns of a playlst) within all groups is not possible at all?
No, ColumnsUI can sort any column by any titleformatting string.

Reply #7174
Hey lvqcl, thank you!

Yes.
IMHO grouping tracks is senseless, when the grouping is cancelled by a manual sorting.

Why destroy a group when sorting?
It's you who doesn't make sense... How would items be grouped when they're not adjacent? Of course manual sorting "cancels" grouping. It doesn't there's just nothing to group in such circumstances.

Also what's the point in having the whole playlist in a single group? It's pointless... Just disable grouping if you don't want it.

Sorting (Shell integration > Sort incoming files by) is for organizing the playlist. Grouping is to visually separate adjacent items. (And optionally show their album art)