Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI appearance (Read 3270544 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1950
The second is a minor one but when you click on a song the rating colour become bright blue but i can't see why this happens in the script and there is no way that i can see in 'Color and Fonts' to change this

From the title formatting reference (emphasis added by me):
$rgb(r,g,b)
Sets the color for text. r, g and b are the red, green and blue component of the color for unselected text. The color for selected text is set to the inverse color.

$rgb(r1,g1,b1,r2,g2,b2)
Sets the color for text. r1, g1 and b1 are the red, green and blue component of the color for unselected text. r2, g2 and b2 are the red, green and blue component of the color for selected text.

In short, change the color part of your title formatting to this:
Code: [Select]
$rgb($mod($crc32(%rating%),256)60,30,30,$mod($crc32(%rating%),256)60,30,30)

if you want that shade of red regardless of whether an item is selected or not.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1951
In short, change the color part of your title formatting to this:
Code: [Select]
$rgb($mod($crc32(%rating%),256)60,30,30,$mod($crc32(%rating%),256)60,30,30)

if you want that shade of red regardless of whether an item is selected or not.

Thanks alot, it worked perfectly!

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1952
VU Meter as the dashboard BMW 750 (for CarPC).

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1953
This simple layout works for me on my netbook along with the big music collection on my NAS. The look is also influenced by the Windows XP theme (Revo Black by XstyleOne).

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1954
fooXgen4? I don't know 
It's really the beginning

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1956

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1957
Not a big deal, but I like it this way:

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1958
That fooxgen looks slick, I used to have an artist view I've decided to put one back in to my layout only this time it can be hidden, been tweaking a lot recently.

I was working on this 8 hours straight last night, it's getting there. Big thanks to Marc2003 for helping me with the sort bar, he's a clever man.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1959
I figured this might be a good place to ask.. I'm using using the NG playlist viewer with a dark color scheme. The line that appears when you drag and drop items in the playlist is black and barely visible against my playlist background. Is it possible to change the color of this bar?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1960
@gob

here is notes from a text file I keep on my computer; make a copy of it for your own reference . . . and have a look at "horizontal line in the group header" :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To change the group header background color:
at Preferences>Columns UI>Playlist View> Globals (tab)> Style (subtab)
add a code line before the last line at bottom like this example:
$if(%_is_group%,$puts(back,$rgb(96,96,96)))
Add an $rgb() color code to the beginning of the grouping code to color the text.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To change the group header text color:
at Preferences>Columns UI> Playlist View> Grouping (tab)
Double click on your grouping pattern to edit.
Add an $rgb() color code to the beginning of the script to color the text.
To hide the horizontal line in the group header:
at Preferences>Columns UI>Playlist View> Globals (tab)> Style (subtab)
add a code line to the bottom like this example:
$if(%_is_group%,$set_style(text,$rgb(0,128,255)))
and make it the same color as the background
To change the background for the empty part of the playlist
that contains no entries you will need to change:
Preferences>Columns UI> Colours and Fonts> Colours (tab)> Item: Background:

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1961
Work in progress, but got it looking almost like I want to;

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1962
My config which is a mish-mash of alot of other configs, all credit to the original authors and Marc for his amazing WSH scripts.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1963
Mine:

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1964
i was about to say that's bit of a mod of your old Dark one theme but then i noticed the title bar. it's a new version.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1965
Yes, a bit more ergonomic (i think at least...) and completely new panel placement from scratch.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1966
i wish i had the creativity to make a nice PSS theme but i'm useless. i'm ok doing the functional stuff like making buttons to show/hide/move/resize panels etc but when it comes to making it look pretty, i'm lost. it's the same with my WSH panel mod scripts. i enjoy making them work but they're all bland as hell to look at. 

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1967
I'd wish there were a WSH Splitter instead of a PSS (a splitter with PSS's functionality that doesn't abuses title formatting but jscript)

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1968
>Tears for Fears

Just dropping in to give mad props

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1969
Mine:

Very nice - actually the first CUI I've tried (on a 2nd foo installation of course)

Had it going in about 10min. well played sir!

On my old rig unfortunately, something so fancy just doesn't hold up with a large library (140K+); switching views, etc. results in a minute+ wait time for foobar to respond.
I had to drop a lot of Falstaff's nice additions in DUI for same performance issues.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1970
Thanks Ted, for yet another gorgeous UI! I was already using darkone 3 and updated to your new version immediately.
The automatic install did not work however, I had to place the files in the foobar directory myself. Maybe this happened because I already had a DarkOne theme in use?

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1971
@mjm716
Yes, i know this issue with large libraries.
I don't know which component is causing it, though...

@Propheticus
Should work, was tested few times...
Have you did what is mentioned in the Instructions.txt? ("rename file extension")

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1972
Eh, no *shame*. The files were unpacked* however and the pdf manual did open so it seemed to work.

*: I Used 7zip to unpack .bck and I then ran the START.BAT file.

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1973
Here is my config I've been experimenting with for 6 months or so, its based on ELPlaylist.

The reflective CD case was modified from the excellent DVD case available from manicho at DeviantArt

Columns UI appearance

Reply #1974
Here's mine. I took TedGo's wonderful DarkOne 4 skin and changed a few things to my liking. Few examples of the changes: I've changed the way the Waveform Seekbar looks, used another playlist organizer (foo_plorg) and fixed popups to show artist (only when different from album artist) and songtitle underneath each other instead of verticaly on one (loo0ng) line.

Waveform effect code (change to direct3d rendering): http://pastebin.com/scdV5pdH
Waveform colours: Foreground 49-72-97  /  Highlight 116-156-205  / Selection  139-173-214