Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Truetype fonts not recognized (Read 3228 times) previous topic - next topic

Truetype fonts not recognized

I have tried to get a particular ColumnsUI configuration to work totally and have failed miserably at one thing.

The configuration needs certain fonts.

I have installed those fonts, I am sure of it.

However, the configuration will only recognize opentype fonts and not truetype fonts.

Yes I know that opentype are truetype but there is a difference.

Can anyone think of something I am missing?

I have XP
I am using foobar2000 v1.1.1
I am trying to use Br3tts Spotifoo configuration
Br3tt says that he thinks it is my computer that is the problem.
I did just have my hdd reimaged recently.
I do have admin rights on the computer.

Thanks for any effort.

Onanboy

Reply #1
in windows explorer, browse to c:\windows\fonts

are the fonts there? if not, try dragging the fonts you downloaded into this folder.

Reply #2
in windows explorer, browse to c:\windows\fonts

are the fonts there? if not, try dragging the fonts you downloaded into this folder.

Yes, the fonts are there.  They can be used in any office program (excel/word/powerpoint).

Case in point is Guifx v2 Transports.  This image shows that it is installed

Spotifoo uses it in the bottom panel for Play, Previous, Next, Stop, Random, Repeat.

This image shows that they are not able to use the font (see at the bottom of image 7, 1, 8, 3, &, 9)

I can change the script to use, for instance, webdings, and it will display.  I think that is because Webdings is opentype but Guifx v2 Transports is merely truetype.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
Onanboy

Reply #3
i just installed that theme and fonts on my XP machine and it works fine. so i have no idea what the problem is. it can't be anything wrong with foobar or the components used in the theme. 

Reply #4
i just installed that theme and fonts on my XP machine and it works fine. so i have no idea what the problem is. it can't be anything wrong with foobar or the components used in the theme. 

I am also sure that foobar is working too. 

I was just hoping that someone had run into a circumstance where truetype fonts that were not opentype were inaccessible and had figured out a solution. 

I am baffled but I do so like Br3tt's work and wish I could get that last little bit working.