Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Files added to media library do not automatically show in playlists (Read 2652 times) previous topic - next topic

Files added to media library do not automatically show in playlists

I have a problem when adding a path in media library.
When the status changed to "monitoring", no music is added to any of my playlist.

How can I fix this issue?
The music is stored in my external HDD which is indexed.

Reply #1
Try selecting the the path you specified in Preferences > Media Library, then click "Apply". Also, check the "Restrict to" and "Exclude" fields.

If that doesn't work, try removing the path and adding it again and click "Apply".

Reply #2
I have tried re-adding path several times, it didn't help.

Reply #3
I have also tried adding a basic path like C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music which contains some sample music.
There was no music added to my playlist

Reply #4
Please check: is Menue Library > "Album List" empty?

Reply #5
Of course not, because the media library and playlists are two different things.

I think this should go in an FAQ or giant illuminated sign somewhere.

If you want to see the contents of your media library, you need – wait for it – a media library viewer. An example is Album List, as was just mentioned, but you can research others. Once you have a viewer, then (and only then) you can send files to your playlist(s) from it.

Problem is not due to foobar2000 = moving out of Support.

Reply #6
I have also tried adding a basic path like C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music which contains some sample music.

Adding music to library has nothing to do with adding items to playlists: that is in foobar2000 the same principle like in all other players too. To show the  tracks added to library you will need a library viewer: in DUI you can use library search, album list and/or facets for that. From that components you can add tracks to your playlists. That is the basic and common principle.

Nevertheless foobar2000 offers a unique feature: autoplaylists. These playlists get filled and updated automatically. They are also created from the library viewers.

Reply #7

Adding music to library has nothing to do with adding items to playlists: that is in foobar2000 the same principle like in all other players too. To show the  tracks added to library you will need a library viewer: in DUI you can use library search, album list and/or facets for that. From that components you can add tracks to your playlists. That is the basic and common principle.

Nevertheless foobar2000 offers a unique feature: autoplaylists. These playlists get filled and updated automatically. They are also created from the library viewers.

How can I enable that autoplaylists? There is a playlist named "AutoPlaylists" but nothing is in there.
I have enabled Library Viewer Selection Playlist but nothing is in there also.

Reply #8
you have to include a library viewer into your layout
have a look at the wiki

once you add a library viewer, you will be able to set-up autoplaylist...how you do that depends on the viewer you choose...
but i guess there will always be a searchbar (query syntax) and a little button that turns the query syntax you enter into a autoplaylist

Reply #9
PcNy, a good advice: you seem to be a new user, so it would be the best at first to stay away from certain 3rd-party components like foo_playlistorg or wsh scripts. Important: Use at first the playlist tabs and nothing else for playlist management.

To get familiar with foobar2000 it is the best to use what comes out of the box. Just take the album list: highlight a certain genre and/or add "NOT artist IS Madonna" in the search/filter bar, right click the selected genre node and choose "create autoplaylist" - voila! You will get a automatically updating playlist that matches the criteria: the selected node and the content of the filter. You also can select the "all" node to show your whole library in an autoplaylist. However, don't forget that you also can create static playlists, f.e. by dragging several albums to a playlist tab.

Reply #10
If you currently don't have a media library viewer component in your setup, you can use View->Layout->Quick Setup to set up foobar2000 again with an album list. Keep in mind that this will delete your previous layout.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.