Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Force CoreAudioToolbox / QAAC to switch PS (HE-AAC v1 and v2) on or off? (Read 1873 times) previous topic - next topic

Force CoreAudioToolbox / QAAC to switch PS (HE-AAC v1 and v2) on or off?

So, with QAAC you can enable HE-AAC with the --he switch, and CoreAudioToolbox automatically switches PS on (HE-AAC v2) when selecting a bitrate of below 32kbps):
Code: [Select]
qaac64 --he --cvbr 32 -o test.mp4 test.wav
This will yield a HE-AAC v2 encoded track.
Chosing anything above, will switch to HE-AAC (v1, without PS).

I was wondering, if I can force-select PS for HE-AAC, effectively switching between v1 and v2 of HE-AAC. I've yet to see if I can use HE-AAC v2 (with PS), on a mono track. Technically, this shouldn't be possible, as without stereo, there is nothing to parametrize. But it should be possible to force-select PS on higher bitrates - even though this might not make sense from an audio engineering side of things, I'd like to try if I can at all.

Is there some way to enable PS with QAAC on bitrates higer than 32kbps?