Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_dsp_soundtouch (Read 152087 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #25

Is there a way to make the Soundtouch settings more easily accessible? That is, can I add them to the toolbar or to the right click menu or something, so I don't have to go through "File | Preferences | DSP manager | SoundTouch | Configure Selected" every time I want to adjust the speed and/or pitch?

Thanks!

probably yes. but I have to check the sdk to see.
if it is possible, I will write a new component to let user right click and have the popup menu added all the in use dsp, and to configure them. It is indeed useful.

This would be absolutely fantastic ... I rely on Soundtouch for listening to lectures and having an easy to reach popup window would be great.

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #26
You can try foo_menu_addons here that enable access to DSP settings in playback menu then you can make a hotkey for your fav. DSP.

EDIT: sorry reduntdant haven't read the whole post above just read lac29's answer.

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #27
cant download the plugin for some reason .. could someone host it at some other place ?

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #28
cant download the plugin for some reason .. could someone host it at some other place ?

was having some problems in the php script, now should be able to download.

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #29
link just takes me to an ad site...

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #31
Thanks for all your help ilikedirtthe2nd!

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #32
my files are moved to VaCUm's server, the link from the first post is working again.

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #33
So, is there a way to make it easier accessible? shortcut, right click, anything.

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #34
thank you much! now I am able to listen to the music two times faster

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #35
Hi!

It's really good to see that soundtouch is available for 0.9x! I use it almost always when I use foobar.
Just a small feature request: Could you add an "Apply" button to the settings page, like it was with the version for 0.8x? I know that the 0.8x version of the plugin wasn't compiled by you, but it was really good not having to hear how the music skips when I'm setting the rate...

Thanks for your work!

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #36
I think being able to change the setting in real time is more preferable than clicking the apply button.

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #37
Well, I think it is a matter of taste  If you have the time and motivation (the latter decides, I know  ) to make it an option, I'd be grateful!

Thanks,
boardlord

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #38
Quite good plugin. But I think accuracy of hundredth of percent or hundredth of semitone is unnecessary. For example it's almost impossible to set pitch exact -2.00 semitones. I think it might be better to have two slides instead of one, one for the semitones (-12...+12) and one for the cents (-50...+50).

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #40
Is there any chance of Soundtouch being recompiled or whatever
it needs for Foobar 9.4.2 ?

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #42
Thanks Skelly,
that works a treat

chers

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #43
Hi, i love soundtouch & without it being ported to v0.9× no way i'd have changed from 0.83, many thanks Acropolis!
Besides my 'it works like a charm' impression i found an issue with the anti-alias filter, namely it changes to 128 each time i open the configuration panel of soundtouch (why i think it changes to the max at that instant, is the glitch in the music made then).
Well, i'm glad if everyone else misses that symptom, tho it would be nice to know what causes it for me.

One more thing: i just couldn't figure out hot to get proper results with burnt CDs. the tracks' original lengths are being maintained, which causes huge silent endings (i simply always listen to everything with some additional rate), which is really nothing you'd like in a continuous mix for instance. I also couldn't manage to trim them off with the gapless crossfader, the skip silence, nor by using the continuator :/

Anybody on the rescue?

Thanks in advance, bye!

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #44
I am on foobar 0.9.4.3, have installed the VC8 runtimes linked to by acropolis, and I still get this message when I open foobar:

"Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_soundtouch.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Any thoughts/suggestions?

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #45
my suggestion is you should read before downloading.

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #46
Acropolis, maybe you should add information about the requirements to your HA thread starting postings.

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #47
Well, I have the same problem. I got libmmd.dll in the foobar folder, and installed the VC8 files linked on your site. Also tried putting msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll in the foobar folder. Still no luck.

Newest foobar, and japanese winxpsp2

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #48
Well, I have the same problem. I got libmmd.dll in the foobar folder, and installed the VC8 files linked on your site. Also tried putting msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll in the foobar folder. Still no luck.

Newest foobar, and japanese winxpsp2

nono, now you need the vc8 sp1 runtime, the old vc8 runtime will not work.
give you the direct link: vc8sp1

foo_dsp_soundtouch

Reply #49
Oh, thanks, now everything works perfectly 
Thanks for the help. Love your plugins