Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v1.3 beta feedback (Read 60579 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v1.3 beta feedback

Reply #50
I've found the exact bug, unfortunately it needs to be fixed in the fb2k instance receiving drops. It currently occurs only when dragging from a newer version to an older one. If there's one more 1.2.x update with bug fixes, I'll be sure to include this fix.
Thanks again for reporting it.

Personally, I'll just update the older versions to 1.3's. Thanks for looking into it.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #51
Monitoring doesn't seem to be working..ripped a couple of cd's to library and had to restart FB to get them to show in media library

Reply #52
Re LargeFieldsConfig.txt
You also need to forcefully reload info from your whole library content for this to take effect. E.g. by opening the Properties dialog and using the appropriate command from the Tools menu.

Ok it worked by reloading the info. However this info is cleared upon restarting foobar2000. Is there a way to make it permanent?

OK this is in fact tougher than I thought.
1. Edit LargeFieldsConfig.txt
2. Start foobar2000.
3. Reload info from every track in existence, playlist or library.
4. Delete 'library' subfolder of your profile folder - while foobar2000 is still running after having reloaded info.
5. Close foobar2000, causing it to save its configuration.

Now the changes should stick. Thank you for your patience. I'll be sure to put better info about this in the txt file.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #53
> Now the changes should stick. Thank you for your patience. I'll be sure to put better info about this in the txt file.

How about making the whole thing easier?
For example, I want to add the whole COMMENT field to my DB. Why not add a page into preferences where you can add/modify the fields?

Reply #56
Since 1.3 beta 1 setting album rating in Facets works buggy.

i.e. setting an album completely 5 rated: the album gets cluttered in a way that it appears twice in its column, one part with only 1 track of the album is shown 5 the second part remains unrated. The rating itself works - it's a display problem.

Used Column Pattern: >>>$if2(%rating_stars_fixed%,' ')<<<

This worked fine with Facets in all versions before 1.3

Edit: Existing rating is displayed fine - effect is only with new rating

Reply #57
> Now the changes should stick. Thank you for your patience. I'll be sure to put better info about this in the txt file.

For example, I want to add the whole COMMENT field to my DB. Why not add a page into preferences where you can add/modify the fields?

Any alteration of large field handling scheme requires foobar2000 restart and complete reload of info from all your files. You're not expected to alter this setting on daily basis; it is a pain to do and will always be just because of the workload fb2k must perform for the new configuration to take full effect. I hope we can come up with reasonable defaults so 99% of our users never have to touch that file.

Re Media Library no longer noticing changes - acknowledged, investigating it now, thanks for reporting.

Reply #58
I am absolutely loving these new updates and the control I now have over the caching of metadata.

However, I can confirm the fact that the Media Library doesn't automatically update itself when new items are added. Once this is fixed, there will be no reason for anyone not to update.

Reply #59
Beta 4 up.

Beta 3 Media Library monitoring regression has been corrected.

Editing LargeFieldsConfig.txt now triggers a behind-the-scenes reload of info from your whole Library + Playlists content.

Reply #60
Beta 4 up.

Editing LargeFieldsConfig.txt now triggers a behind-the-scenes reload of info from your whole Library + Playlists content.

Thank you!!! Monitoring is functioning once again! Thank you!!

Reply #61
Beta 4 up.

Thanks !

Reply #62
I was so confused I thought there was a problem with every AAC encoders I was using. 1.3 beta doesn't show "+PS" in the "Codec profile" field when the AAC is HE v2. 1.2.9 works.

Reply #63
I was so confused I thought there was a problem with every AAC encoders I was using. 1.3 beta doesn't show "+PS" in the "Codec profile" field when the AAC is HE v2. 1.2.9 works.

Thanks for reporting. Something has gone funny with our FFmpeg patches as stock FFmpeg doesn't support AAC profile detection at all, I will look into it.

Reply #64
Wow, seeing all these bug reports make me feel very lucky - IN YEARS of using foobar2000 I've had right next to zero issues, and I have pretty large library and huge amount of large playlists. So to comment on the last beta all I can say it's much, much faster (startup, shutdown and search). Upgrading from 1.2.9. Awesome.

Reply #65
Wow, seeing all these bug reports make me feel very lucky - IN YEARS of using foobar2000 I've had right next to zero issues, and I have pretty large library and huge amount of large playlists. So to comment on the last beta all I can say it's much, much faster (startup, shutdown and search). Upgrading from 1.2.9. Awesome.

Final versions are always really stable, usually only betas have bugs because he implements new features

Reply #67
^it's already been discussed.

Any alteration of large field handling scheme requires foobar2000 restart and complete reload of info from all your files. You're not expected to alter this setting on daily basis; it is a pain to do and will always be just because of the workload fb2k must perform for the new configuration to take full effect. I hope we can come up with reasonable defaults so 99% of our users never have to touch that file.

Reply #68
From what I've heard, that setting wasn't originally something that was meant to be changed. It's not meant to really be changed often, if at all. And from what I've heard, it's not going to have an in-player editor, so that's why it's in a text file instead of Advanced Preferences.

Reply #69
LargeFieldsConfig.txt

Will this untypical way of setting preferences in foobar2000 remain in further releases or will the settings be placed in advanced preferences?

I would also want this resolved differently if possible. Media library glitch was surprise, but I hope that in stable we wont need to handle text files for new features as we aren't running Linux

Reply #70
the addition albums of file explorer:

the addition albums from library:

albums have been recently added to the library. deleted a folder library and index-data. restarting foo, no changes. v1.3 beta 4

Reply #71
*albums have been recently added to the library.
they were downloaded from torrent into folder library when foobar2000 played
with other albums (which have long been added) - no problems

Reply #74
old bug present since "close minimizes" was introduced:

Default user interface>Minimize to notification area - unticked
Advanced>Display>Default user interface>Close minimizes - ticked

In theory with this setting "minimize" should minimize to start bar, but "close" should send app to tray. but foobar will go to tray only if the first checkbox is ticked... and then its impossible to hide app to start bar.

hope i described it clear enough.