Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Linux app to calculate and tag ReplayGain in batches? (Read 22733 times) previous topic - next topic

Linux app to calculate and tag ReplayGain in batches?

Is there any app in Linux that can calculate and tag ReplayGain in batches?

Will the ones that work on Ogg Vorbis work on opus?

Can I tell ffmpeg to do it when it is converting an audio file to opus?

Re: Linux app to calculate and tag ReplayGain in batches?

Reply #1
You could use my loudgain and its companion script rgbpm for mass-tagging. It’ll work just fine on Opus files, but please read How I handle Opus (.opus) audio files.

Reply #2
Also: r128gain (I am the author).

I use it myself on Linux, for both Vorbis and Opus files.
Opus 96 kb/s (Android) / Vorbis -q5 (PC) / WavPack -hhx6m (Archive)

Reply #3
You could use my loudgain and its companion script rgbpm for mass-tagging. It’ll work just fine on Opus files, but please read How I handle Opus (.opus) audio files.
Also: r128gain (I am the author).

I use it myself on Linux, for both Vorbis and Opus files.

I have posted about my thoughts on these two tools here.

I have found out that these two handle replay gain values differently for opus files as you can see in my post. Should there be any concern?

Reply #4
loudgain has (or used to have) some glitches when working with Opus files.  Very possibly fixed now, but you might want to "test on an inconspicuous location" before letting rip on your whole collection.

Reply #5
https://pypi.org/project/r128gain/
there's an okay Python lib for that, should work on GNU/Linux just fine (but not only on it)
my wife tested it a while ago, it seemed to be able to write RG tags in Opus files correctly (in a way that foobar2000 understands).
--
oops, this was already posted, sorry
so, yeah, I can confirm that r128gain is just fine
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed