Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_qconfig (Read 15806 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_qconfig

[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']What is foo_qconfig?[/span]
With foo_qconfig you can add menu items which leads to previously defined configuration pages in the config dialog. This means you can access for example the 'Title formatting' option with one click or key press.

[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']How to use?[/span]
It's pretty selfexplaining, just take a look at the examples

[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']Why does it look like foo_quicktag?[/span]
Well, basically this _is_ foo_quicktag, I only took the source, added a few lines, removed others and that was all. Thanks to musicmusic for making his plugin opensource

[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']Download[/span]
Quick Config 0.2

Quick Config 0.2 sourcecode

[span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%']News[/span]
-> 0.2 released
First version ever released, have fun with it

foo_qconfig

Reply #1
hmmhmm, now, if this thing could import/export configurations of selectable config-pages, this would be heaven for style-designers. Like, export the config of ui_columns and foo_osd and the copy-string to one file which can then be imported on another pc.

I'm all for a plugin which acts as a central configuration manager.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

foo_qconfig

Reply #2
very nice, thanks for another interesting component, janjan  finally; quick access to dsp manager!

foo_qconfig

Reply #3
@Lyx

I don't think that this is possible with the current SDK

foo_qconfig

Reply #4
Hi janjan,

Could it be possible to have access via 'Quick Config' to something like Preferences>Database>Scan? Right now we can have direct acces to the Database Config page, but not to any 'button' on it, which will be very nice

Another idea I throw in the air. Since we don't have any 'Auto-update database' plugin, and if what I request can be done, if we can add an plugin that schedule some commands when foobar launch or when we hit a HotKey, we can get to something close to it. For ex.

1º) Preferences>Database>Scan
2º) Preferences>Database>Remove old entries
3º) Components>Album List>Refresh view
[...]

foo_qconfig

Reply #5
Accessing Buttons and stuff in control panels could only be done doing some ugly Win32 Api Hacking, I think there is no 'legal' way with the current SDK.

For your second idea: You think of a plugin which allows executing mutiple foobar commands with one 'click'?

foo_qconfig

Reply #6
Accessing Buttons and stuff in control panels could only be done doing some ugly Win32 Api Hacking, I think there is no 'legal' way with the current SDK.

Sad to know 

For your second idea: You think of a plugin which allows executing mutiple foobar commands with one 'click'?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245712"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Exactly, something that with only one click will execute (in the specified order) several foobar commands. Or maybe if the user don't need an order, just execute all the commands at the same time. A plugin like that can fit a lot of user's needs.

For ex. I could configure it in a way that just with a simple click (and an option to execute it when foobar start could be great), after expecifying all the commands, be able to update the database, remove old entries, refresh album list (panel), and maybe generate some playlists (Extended playlist generator). For this particular use it will need to acces stuff like Preferences>Database>Scan..so, I don't know if this can be done.

But for other purposes it could be also very useful 

foo_qconfig

Reply #7
Couldn't this be done using foo_lua? I don't know much about this but I think it can access menu commands so you could give it a try (at least if you have some coding experience  ).

foo_qconfig

Reply #8
I think it can access menu commands so you could give it a try (at least if you have some coding experience  ).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=245722"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unfortunely, I don't...I did a pascal course once, that's the only 'training' I have in coding 

foo_qconfig

Reply #9
janjan, no port for foobar 0.9?
Music is my first love.

foo_qconfig

Reply #10
Don't know if 'lobbying' can work... anyway, I second Melomane: will we see your plug-in in the new Foobar ?