Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1374591 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #3175
@alexinc

Fair enough...

Modded the expression to gather from multiple catalog numbers...

$zip($join($unique(%<RELEASE_LABELS_NAME>%)),': ',$join(%<RELEASE_LABELS_CATALOG_NUMBER>%))

Thank you in advance for your next bug report!   :)

Reply #3176
There is no option but a manual merge.
Maybe just discard the first 10 and 11 and fix it in the Preview panel?

Most hidden tracks I merge comply with 12.17.2 use of Hidden tracks.
I am not sure about r1271656 nor if it will be worth the extra elaboration.

Yeah I did that. Just checking if I missed some option.

Reply #3177
@alexinc

Fair enough...

Modded the expression to gather from multiple catalog numbers...

$zip($join($unique(%<RELEASE_LABELS_NAME>%)),': ',$join(%<RELEASE_LABELS_CATALOG_NUMBER>%))

Thank you in advance for your next bug report!   :)

i have to admit, i'm glad if everything is working as expected! ;-) there is one thing i still don't get. i enabled "remove any pre-existing tags" in tagging options. when i'm not writing e.g. "genre"-tag with discogger (genre-tag disabled) and it is pre-filled, i'm expecting it to get deleted, but that's not the case. so "remove any pre-existing tags" is just working for the fields written by discogger?

Reply #3178
Oh no, it's overwritten my previous tag mappings again 😢
I'll have to see if I have a backup that I can boot up in a separate process and copy them out. Didn't expect it to happen again!

Reply #3179

i have to admit, i'm glad if everything is working as expected! ;-) there is one thing i still don't get. i enabled "remove any pre-existing tags" in tagging options. when i'm not writing e.g. "genre"-tag with discogger (genre-tag disabled) and it is pre-filled, i'm expecting it to get deleted, but that's not the case. so "remove any pre-existing tags" is just working for the fields written by discogger?

It removes any pre-existing tags not defined in the Tag Mapping (enabled or not), nor those defined in the 'Excluding (comma separated) field list. It's been working that way since foo_discogs v23, although foo_discogger now kind of attempts to make the process case-insensitive.

The genre-tag example/method you mention makes sense, but also to assume that disabling tags does not imply future removal?
Some alternatives could also be considered:
- replacing 'Remove any pre-existing tags' with a more accurate description.
- $if(TRUE,%<RELEASE_GENRES>%,) and manually change to FALSE to remove Genre.
- Masstagger scripts

It will be revised in future updates, thanks for reporting!

Oh no, it's overwritten my previous tag mappings again 😢
I'll have to see if I have a backup that I can boot up in a separate process and copy them out. Didn't expect it to happen again!

Oh dear, I can feel your pain :(
Any news? Hope you managed to restore your setting somehow.
Could you explain what happened so we can avoid falling into the same trap?

Reply #3180
Tbh I'm not sure - I had recreated them but then when I started foobar yesterday and went to tag something, it was all gone. I have everything on W+A and they were back to just write, and my custom mappings were gone.
I've hopefully recreated them again now - didn't have an older copy easily accessible, although I can go back if need be.

Reply #3181
wondering, if there is a simple/fast way to update date with master_release_date if available, as i'm missing the context menu discogger > update? :-) i don't want to fetch every single release first. :-D

Reply #3182
@alexinc

The update option might return someday, an informal estimation could be by v1.0.30 :D

However, the component still needs some more testing, and debugging and some basic features might not be mature enough.
Until then updates will remain disabled to minimize the risks.

Once the basic features can be trusted enough, my plan is to attempt updating the offline cache, maybe using DISCOGS_DATE_ADDED/UPDATED. Then see how updates can be distributed back to releases.  If I can accomplish that I'll give it a try restoring the old update feature.

@frogworth

Glad you still can go back if needed.
v1.0.19.0 was probably the reason... there are two 'emergency' fixes after that release.

I am linking below the latest release before I take a brief break from the project. This time is namely a Beta release, just for the enthusiasts, in case someone it is foolish enough to test it. Best run on new portable installations.

foo_discogger v1.0.20 Beta

Change log:

- Tag mappings export as JSON files
- Renamed 'Id3 tags...' to 'Std. tags...'
- Message tip 'Shift + RClick' on Discogs ID tag selections
- 'Add tag...' submenu revisions

Reply #3183
Hi! First of all, this is the best plugin I could have ever wished for! THANKS!!

I'm really struggling to get a tag mapping working to distribute the correct RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME, DESCRIPTIONS, and TEXT for each album of a box set (instead of receiving the same string for all of them).

The first or last value in these arrays is a general description, always including "Box set" (https://www.discogs.com/release/9147559: "Box Set, Compilation, Limited Edition, Numbered"). I'll place that in the DISCOGS_FORMAT tag. However, I want another tag, SOURCEMEDIA, to contain the NAME, DESCRIPTION, and TEXT corresponding to each proper album.

I know I can get how to identify the value including "Box set", so use first to last-1 or 2nd to last, and there's an array with the same value for each album (%DISCNUMBER%), but I can't find a way to output the correct array.

I was thinking of something like:
Code: [Select]
$arrayn(
$element(%<RELEASE_FORMATS_NAME%>,[2 to Last or 1 to Last-1]) ,
[the quantity of times the value 1 appears in %DISCNUMBER%])

However, as you can see, I'm considering this as a loop, so I can't find a proper way to implement it. Do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Reply #3184

However, as you can see, I'm considering this as a loop, so I can't find a proper way to implement it. Do you have any advice?

Hi, vinyl disc parsing is limited to single char vinyl sides. I would tag %DISC_NUMBER% first, and refer to it as $meta(DISCNUMBER) after that, $put the offset, then $add or $sub it to the disc number in the $element expression.
Just a suggestion, I would probably use the same description for all and fix the differences manually  :)

Reply #3185
Hi there!

A new release is now available.

What´s new:

- Track artists used for VA release search instead of Album artist (requires album/tracks with 'Album artist' equal or prefixed by 'VA' or 'Various').
- Experimental feature: VA artist artwork download.

Fixes:
- Close the Preview dialog after writing tags.
- Do not throw fatal error loading 404 artist previews.

Notes:
The experimental VA release image downloads feature is limited to artwork download (not file tagging).

foo_discogger v1.0.20

Thanks for testing!

Reply #3186
- Experimental feature: VA artist artwork download.

Notes:
The experimental VA release image downloads feature is limited to artwork download (not file tagging).

I found a problem with this new feature:

Selecting the option Beta: Include all artists credited in tracks (auto reset) in Discogger preferences ->Artwork disable the Write tags and Preview buttons in the Track Matching & Artwork dialog

Closing this dialog, makes the preference option be disabled without intervention

and the buttons works again

Reply #3188
@paregistrase

The new feature is still in a very early stage, it will take some time to get properly defined and integrated.
Not sure if you refer to the note mentioning that limitation or something else.

Also in relation the this new feature, after reading ms1602 post above, featuring artist's artwork might be included.
Unrelated to this, I see in the screenshot that forgot to document the included Wine patch for the 'Write tags' icon transparency.

@ms1602

I do not have much experience with tag formatting, someone else could probably provide a better solution...

$multi_if($contains($zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),[Featuring]),%TRACK_TITLE%,$zip($array(%TRACK_TITLE% '('),$zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),')')))

Patch v1.0.20.1, fixes the release memory cache after running the Download all artists artwork beta feature:

foo_discogger v1.0.20.1

Reply #3189
@paregistrase

The new feature is still in a very early stage, it will take some time to get properly defined and integrated.

Also in relation the this new feature, after reading ms1602 post above, featuring artist's artwork might be included.
Unrelated to this, I see in the screenshot that forgot to document the included Wine patch for the 'Write tags' icon transparency.

Ah Ok, just not totally implemented yet. Anyway, a great idea. I still have the old discoggs to do an update artists art in VA releases in order to get all artist images, It would be good to let him rest in peace.

The note about write to tag not supported? No, I always use download images. It was only to tell you that with the new option selected, the buttons in the dialog became not clickable. But knowing that it is not finished yet, maybe too soon to report bugs...

Waiting for future versions, looks promising, and thanks for working to update this component

Reply #3190
@paregistrase

@ms1602

I do not have much experience with tag formatting, someone else could probably provide a better solution...

$multi_if($contains($zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),[Featuring]),%TRACK_TITLE%,$zip($array(%TRACK_TITLE% '('),$zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),')')))

Patch v1.0.20.1, fixes the release memory cache after running the Download all artists artwork beta feature:

foo_discogger v1.0.20.1

Maybe guest artists could be put in artist name, but I don't know how to do that.

Reply #3191
Maybe guest artists could be put in artist name, but I don't know how to do that.

You could make a new tag mapping for featuring, remix, etc...

I have this:

Featuring

$flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Featuring')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),))

For remixer, change 'Featuring' to 'Remix'.

Same for 'Mixed By', 'Producer', etc.....

Then you could add them easily to any other place.

For example, formatting artist with

%artist%[' featuring '%featuring%]

Or title with

%title%[' ('%remixer%' Remix)']

Reply #3192

I have this:

Featuring

$flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Featuring')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),))

Or title with

Thanks for your help!

Reply #3193

I have this:

Featuring

Or title with

Everything is fine with the guest appearances now (thanks for your help again), but I don't know how to make it show me who the remix artist is after the song title, e.g. "Lato (Pocałuj Mnie) (Mandee Remix)", it still shows despite different combinations in tag mapping "Lato (Pocałuj Mnie)". Sorry, but I don't think I can master foobar enough to fix this myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply #3194
Everything is fine with the guest appearances now (thanks for your help again), but I don't know how to make it show me who the remix artist is after the song title, e.g. "Lato (Pocałuj Mnie) (Mandee Remix)", it still shows despite different combinations in tag mapping "Lato (Pocałuj Mnie)". Sorry, but I don't think I can master foobar enough to fix this myself. Thanks in advance for your help.

Try this

Make new tag mapping
Remixer

$flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Remix')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),))

and after that you could use this to add it to the title

Note that the trick is changing the text between '' after the second %<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>% for the text that foobar use.

You can see them with

Track credits

DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS

$zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

Release credits

DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS

$zip($join(%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

You get something like that

DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS

Lyrics By - Tharen

DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS

Music By, Vocals - Tharen; Painting [Credits Page] - Sophie Lemoine; Programmed By [Keyboard Programming] - Tharen; Recorded By, Mixed By - Georg Hrauda, Tharen; Vocals - Elisabeth Toriser

To extract the vocals for example use 'Vocals' in a new tag mapping

VOCALS

$flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Vocals')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),))

and you will get

VOCALS

Tharen; Elisabeth Toriser

Hope that this help

Is a bit tricky at first but when you start to get the dinamic is very powerful

Reply #3195

Try this

Make new tag mapping
Remixer

$flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Remix')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),))

and after that you could use this to add it to the title

Note that the trick is changing the text between '' after the second %<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>% for the text that foobar use.

You can see them with

Track credits

DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS

$zip($join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

Release credits

DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS

$zip($join(%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ROLES>>%),' - ',$join(%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%))

You get something like that

DISCOGS_TRACK_CREDITS

Lyrics By - Tharen

DISCOGS_RELEASE_CREDITS

Music By, Vocals - Tharen; Painting [Credits Page] - Sophie Lemoine; Programmed By [Keyboard Programming] - Tharen; Recorded By, Mixed By - Georg Hrauda, Tharen; Vocals - Elisabeth Toriser

To extract the vocals for example use 'Vocals' in a new tag mapping

VOCALS

$flatten($multi_if($any($multi_strcmp($sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_SHORT_ROLES>>%),'Vocals')),$multi_if($put(aj,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_JOIN>>%)),$joinnames($put(an,$sextend(%<<TRACK_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%,%<<RELEASE_CREDITS_ARTISTS_NAME>>%)),$get(aj)),$get(an)),))

and you will get

VOCALS

Tharen; Elisabeth Toriser

Hope that this help

Is a bit tricky at first but when you start to get the dinamic is very powerful

Thanks for your help, but I still don't know what to set in the title to achieve this effect: https://imgbox.com/87FTS6hs

Reply #3196
Thanks for your help, but I still don't know what to set in the title to achieve this effect: https://imgbox.com/87FTS6hs

Let's try with images

first, you must add the tags in the discogger tag mapping

With that when you tag one release with discogger you have independent tags for artist, title, featuring, remixed by

Now to display it in the playlist you must change the artist and title formatting display in the playlist This depends on the component you are using for the playlist.

For example, I have all the tags and use facets and Simplaylist. I used the artist, featuring, composer, remis, etc to display all artist in facets and title and track artist in the playlist. it looks like this

To display the remixer in the playlist I have to change the settings in SimPlaylist.

%TITLE%[' ['%SUBTITLE%']'][ '('%REMIXED BY%' Remix)'][>>' | '$if(%TRACK ARTIST%,$meta_sep(ARTIST,', ',' & '),)<<]

to get

so you need to go to the configuration of your choice playlist and change the way it display title.

Other way is changing the title itself. To do that you have to open propierties select ttitle and right click Format from other fields...

With this only using %title% display the info (it will show in any playlist) without modifications

Reply #3197
^ And today I learned that 'Sex' has a subtitle!  :D

(Nice screens paregistrase, thanks for the ideas)

Reply #3199
Thanks for your help so far! One more question - what to do so that when the issue has only a year and month, it does not display something like - 1990-09-00, only 1990-09. I've had several situations like this. "00" is added unnecessarily when a release has no release day.

Edit: One more thing - using your suggestion for guest appearances, in a situation where there is no guest appearance - nothing is tagged in the artist name tag. This causes a problem in particular when I want to tag a Various Artists release like this: https://www.discogs.com/release/1127053-Various-CMJ-Presents-Certain-Damage-Volume-38

Wouldn't it be better if it tagged the name of the artist and the guest appearance next to it?