Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v0.7.1 released (Read 4384 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 v0.7.1 released

0.7.1:
- added option to write log file in console
- fixed 0.7 problem with mpglib and some intensity stereo files
- DDE support (introduced in early 0.7) now optional / disabled by default (reduced "memory usage" shortly after startup)
- added option to update playlist with time display / VBR bitrate / dynamic HTTP titles / etc
- new and improved masstagger
- new smarter/faster playlist search
- added 7zip unpacker (kode54)
- added new DirectSound output with fades on seek/pause/stop
- improved replaygain scanner speed

http://www.foobar2000.org/

Reply #1
7-Zip unpacker ?
Great ! 

Reply #2
Next thing: 7z archive writing - I update tags in my packed modules and... ERROR

Reply #3
(I've performed a bunch of queries using the "Search" feature before asking this, but nothing came up.)

Can you install this over the previous installation (v0.7 in my case)?

If so, is there a particular (lite/special/etc.) version I have to choose, or I can choose whichever I wish?

But then comes the question: assuming I go for the special version, what happens with my existing plugins? Will they be updated accordingly?

Thanks.

Reply #4
All depends of what installer you did used for 0.7.
I think you can update without problems following this aproach:  B)

If you did used lite for 0.7, you can go with lite/normal/special for 0.7.1 sinse you select at least the same components you did installed for 0.7

If you did used normal for 0.7, you can go with normal/special for 0.7.1 sinse you select at least the same components you did installed for 0.7

If you did used special for 0.7, you can go with special for 0.7.1 sinse you select at least the same components you did installed for 0.7

Of course, if you have 3rd party components you´ll have to update them manually from the author´s site or searching at the forum.

When running 0.7.1, you will be prompted at the foobar´s console if there is any old component from 0.7. 

Reply #5
Can you install this over the previous installation (v0.7 in my case)?

By all means.

You don't want to lose all your settings, do you?
If so, is there a particular (lite/special/etc.) version I have to choose, or I can choose whichever I wish?

You can choose whichever you wish.

Of course, the installer can't update the components that aren't included with it, so if you used a special installer for 0.7, you'll want to use it for 0.7.1 too.
But then comes the question: assuming I go for the special version, what happens with my existing plugins? Will they be updated accordingly?

By default a 0.7.1 special installer will update all the plugins that have been installed by 0.7 installer.

However, any plugins that you've installed yourself aren't going to be updated (doh).

Reply #6
Thank you guys for those answers.

What you're talking about does make sense, but as we all know, not everything in the software world works like it is supposed to, so I had to ask before doing anything.

(By the way, I've completed the update and it went rather smoothly.)