Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to add a confirmation dialog/undo before deleting a playlist? (Read 1435 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to add a confirmation dialog/undo before deleting a playlist?

1) I just accidentally deleted a playlist with more than 100 songs. By sheer chance I had exported that playlist to .m3u8 2 weeks ago and I didn't lose too much work, but if I hadn't I would be easily looking at hours of work recreating it.

Is it possible to add a confirmation dialog before deleting a playlist?
Or maybe adding Undo functionality for these operations?

The best solution, though, would be the ability to export all settings like I believe is possible in the Windows version, and ideally export the data in a human-readable format so that you can diff it if you use a version control system like git.

2) Sometimes when I try to export a playlist, the default format is .m3u8, which is what I want. Sometimes it's .fpl. When it's the latter, and I have to export 10 playlists, it's a lot of extra work to change the extension for each playlist. Would it be possible to remember the last file extension used and just re-use that?

Thanks

Re: Is it possible to add a confirmation dialog/undo before deleting a playlist?

Reply #1
Are you sure there is no undo already?  Command-Z perhaps?
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Re: Is it possible to add a confirmation dialog/undo before deleting a playlist?

Reply #2
I'm sure you meant "CTRL-Z" but just clarifying for the OP (or just click the Edit menu and choose "Undo")

Reply #3
I'm sure you meant "CTRL-Z"
No, I don't.  Apple use their own "command" key for the things everyone else uses Ctrl for (even though there is a Ctrl key on their keyboards).  Helpfully (at least on the iPad), the user has settings to re-map the modifier key functions.

However, it is possible that FB2K reacts to Ctrl-Z rather than Command-Z, it depends where such things get interpreted and whether FB2K for Mac follows Apple conventions.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #4
Oops!!  I didn't notice the OP specifying his OS anywhere so I dared to assume Windows.  Relax!

Reply #5
When deleting a playlist by pressing the del key, a confirmation dialog box always popped up.
Do you use the options below?
X

Sorry, I got it wrong

Reply #6
Thanks everybody, but cmd+z doesn't do anything, and the Edit > Undo menu option is greyed-out. If the right-click -> "Remove playlist" option weren't right below "Save playlist" or, perhaps if there was more separation between "Save" and "Remove" it would be less of a problem.

Reply #7
Oops!!  I didn't notice the OP specifying his OS anywhere so I dared to assume Windows.  Relax!
Wow, you SHOULD assume that someone posting in "foobar2000 for Mac" is NOT running Windows!  Sorry fooball for the error, it was me who was TOO relaxed  :-[