Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [MAC] Where is an "output device picker"? (Read 1281 times) previous topic - next topic

[MAC] Where is an "output device picker"?

I'm using the MacOS version of Foobar 2000. In the preferences (section Output), there is a list of output devices, with a checkbox in front of each device. An explanatory text says:

Uncheck devices that you do not wish to appear in output device pickers.

What output device pickers does this refer to? I would understand this sentence as  some bottom or drop down menu in Foobar, where I could quickly select an output device.

Re: [MAC] Where is an "output device picker"?

Reply #1
Enter Layout Editing Mode, right-click toolbar, select "Output Switcher" from the menu.  That's how to add it in the Windows version anyway.

Re: [MAC] Where is an "output device picker"?

Reply #2
Enter Layout Editing Mode, right-click toolbar, select "Output Switcher" from the menu.  That's how to add it in the Windows version anyway.
There is currently no layout edit mode in the mac version. The only output picker available is in the output settings and for this one it works as advertised.