Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 - NAS Synology (Read 2794 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 - NAS Synology

Good Morning,

I have not found anyone raising the same issue as I am facing so I am posting this message. This is my first message on this forum so I hope I am posting it in the right section.

I have installed Foobar2000 Mobile on my android phone, purpose being to access, through FTP protocol, to my music library that is on my NAS (Synology brand).
In my NAS I enabled the FTP.
Through wifi, my phone is connected to the local network.
On Foobar2000 on my phone, I went to settings, Media library and added the following location : ftp://192.XXX.X.XX/XXXX
After doing so, everytime I try to connect, I receive a message saying that the login is incorrect.
I do not know whether I need to input my credentials on Foobar2000 or whether there is another problem. On Foobar2000, I do not see any place where I can do so.
I know that the nas is detected because, when I disable the FTP protocol on the NAS, or when I enter purposedly a wrong IP adress, i receive a different error message (like "path not found")

Has anyone already faced this issue before ? How to deal with it ?

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback

Re: Foobar2000 - NAS Synology

Reply #1
Have you tried ftp://username:password@192.x.x.x/xxx?

Reply #2
many thanks for your feedback. it worked perfectly !

Reply #3
many thanks for your feedback. it worked perfectly !
Just be sure that your Synology NAS doesn't have a FTP connection limit enabled.
Otherwise you'll run into non-indexed songs due to rejected connections, since fb2k mobile knows no limit for FTP connections.

Reply #4
@Vince1985 I'd suggest for simplicity you may wish to experiment with something like Serviio (I use this on my DS918+) or Plex or even the inbuilt DLNA server, and use that instead of an FTP connection to the device. fb2k can speak DLNA provided it can see the announces; in my case all of my audio files are nicely available through the Media Servers page.
Don't forget International Talk Like A Pirate Day! September the 19th!

Reply #5
@christopher Does fb2k's DLNA implementation have support for cover art in separately stored files?

Reply #6
If you mean whether you can store your album art on the NAS separately from the individual MP3 files, it's more a question of whether DLNA supports that.  The server (running on the NAS) would have to respond to appropriate DLNA protocol requests specifically for album art (if there are any protocols at all).  It seems unlikely to me.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #7
I use Asset as my DLNA music server platform, from Illustrate. It is pretty much a seamless integration between the two.

Reply #8
hello everyone, sorry for my late feedback, i have just noticed that there were other posts on this thread :
@pyr452  I think that there is no such limitation since I have been able to access my NAS folders on foobar without any difficulties
@christopher thank you for the tip on Serviio, i will have a look at this.