Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is it possible to add a new context menu item  (Read 850 times) previous topic - next topic

Is it possible to add a new context menu item

I would like to add a new context menu item to the Metadata Pane, which would allow me to delete a file when the location is highlighted, or at least open windows explorer at that location. Is this possible? Or is the menu shown actually a windows context menu? If so is there a way to add to that? Perhaps you have a better solution to my problem which does not involve adding to the menu, but I would still like to know how to add a context menu item.

Re: Is it possible to add a new context menu item

Reply #2
Great suggestion, thank you. Unfortunately in my situation that is not possible. I am going through a large collection of tracks, created from a play list that selects tracks that have never been played. Once the track starts to play it is deleted from the play list. So by the time I have heard enough to decide I want to delete it,  it has vanished from the play list.

Reply #3
In that case, you can right click the status bar to delete the playing track.

For recently played tracks that aren't playing, use the Library menu>Playback Statistics>Show recently played.

It's never going to be an option on the selection properties panel so you can forget that.

Reply #4
Yes that works well. Thank you very much. I was thinking there might be a way to add to the right click menu - which of course you can do with windows - but I guess it's not possible within the App itself.