Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 132367 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #250
2.0 Beta 12 fails to read my windows network share where my media library resides. The error text is "Unable to open item for playback (I/O error (win32 #24)):". Neither mounted drive nor UNC path works.
It has always worked fine with 1.x versions.

Reply #251
"Works for me" *shrug*

Though thats about as useful as "there is no such thing as world hunger because I have a sandwich"....

Reply #252
On Windows 10 PE:

v1.x works, but v2.0 beta 12 portable has this error: "The remote procedure call failed"

Reply #253
I'm not sure exactly how to describe this but ratings in v2 beta just don't seem to work properly.

When I filter by the built-in "Top rated" (i.e. %rating% IS 5) I get a random selection of tracks with different ratings from 0 to 5.

Is this a but or am I doing something wrong?

In Settings>Advanced>Display>Properties dialog>Standard fields I have: Track title=TITLE;Album title=ALBUM;Artist name=ARTIST;Album artist=ALBUM ARTIST;Date=DATE;Orig year=ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE;Genre=GENRE;Composer=COMPOSER;Performer=PERFORMER;Track Number=TRACKNUMBER;Total Tracks=TOTALTRACKS;Disc Number=DISCNUMBER;Total Discs=TOTALDISCS;Comment=COMMENT;Rating=RATING;Copyright=COPYRIGHT;

I use Quick tagger to set the rating: https://i.imgur.com/2dxkzNK.png

And in Preferences>Display>Default User Interface>Playlist View I have this custom column: Name = Rating Pattern= $pad($repeat(★,$meta(rating)), 5,) so I can display the ratings as stars.

Am I writing to the wrong field or something?

I'd really like to be able to filter by rating. Please can someone help? Thanks.

Reply #254
The rating are stored in an own database and in the tags. With Quicktagger you are writing in the tags.. The metadata has to be transferred to the database with Import statistics from file tags or use $meta(rating).
Normal procedure is, to create ratings with context menu playlist | Playback Statistics | Rating | 1-5 and activate the checkbox Store playback statistics in file tags in Preferences.

Reply #255
The rating are stored in an own database and in the tags. With Quicktagger you are writing in the tags.. The metadata has to be transferred to the database with Import statistics from file tags or use $meta(rating).
Normal procedure is, to create ratings with context menu playlist | Playback Statistics | Rating | 1-5 and activate the checkbox Store playback statistics in file tags in Preferences.

Thanks very much, grimes.

But I'm still horribly confused lol.

OK. I've checked the box Store playback statistics in file tags in Preferences.

But I don't know how to rate the tracks without doing context menu playlist | Playback Statistics | Rating | 1-5.

I've made shortcut keys to rate tracks. Ctrl+2 for a 2 rating, for example. But when I then right click the track (that has been rated 2), in context menu playlist | Playback Statistics | Rating it says the rating is 5 (screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/grFyE6h.png) even though in Properties it says the Rating is 2.

And if I right click a track that I haven't rated, it says that it's rated 5. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/TD3lzX4.png There's no rating for that track in Properties. Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/OA6TOeu.png

And I thought I was using $meta(rating). In Preferences>Display>Default User Interface>Playlist View I have this custom column: Name = Rating Pattern= $pad($repeat(★,$meta(rating)), 5,)

And when I use the shortcut keys to rate songs, the rating shows up fine in Properties, it just doesn't seem to be understood by fb2k.

I don't really know what checking the box Store playback statistics in file tags in Preferences is doing, to be honest. And I don't understand why tracks that I haven't rated have this hidden 5 rating when I look in the context menu but nothing shows up in Properties.

And if I choose a track with no rating and do context menu playlist | Playback Statistics | Rating and click on Write statistics to file tags the hidden 5 rating gets put into my Rating column. It's clearly using the same field as I'm already using when I use the shortcut keys to rate tracks, as you can see here: https://i.imgur.com/DCj8bSP.png Also, why does it add that ADDED TIMESTAMP field to the tag when I do that?

I'm really bewildered! Can you help me more please. I'd really appreciate it.

EDIT:
The metadata has to be transferred to the database with Import statistics from file tags or use $meta(rating).
How do I do Import statistics from file tags? And do I want to? I've spent a lot of time rating tracks and I'd cry if they got overwritten by the hidden 5 ratings that I've only just found out about. What does Import statistics from file tags do?

Reply #256
%rating% displays the database value 5, $meta(rating) the tag value 2.

Backup your database with Library | Playback Statistics | Export Statistics
Import statistics from file tags overwrites your statistics database with the tag values.

What I don't understand: You set the database to 5, so immediately the tag value should update to 5

Your keyboard shortcut doesn't work. (See attachment)

Reply #257
Thanks again.

I'm still not quite getting it. But a quick question while I try and get to grips with what your saying ...

Are you saying my rating shortcut is wrong (see attached)?

Oh and where is "Import statistics from file tags"?

Reply #258
I recommend to use Playback Statistics to set ratings, not the tagger. The tagger writes the tag only and not the database and the tag. That's the cause for your confusion.

Reply #259
Can I transfer the ratings I've already done to the database?

Reply #261
How do I do that? Sorry.

Reply #263
Getting there.

1. How do I set the Playback statistics rating to 0 or not rated?

When I try to change it to not rated, it stays the same.

So I tried changing all my unrated tracks to a 1 rating and then doing Rating - (minus) but again it stayed the same.

Then I tried deleting the rating from Properties but again they all still say 1 in my new %rating% column.

EDIT: And setting the rating to 0 in Properties doesn't change the rating either.

2. And, by the way, is my Rating field in Properties wrong? I have it as Rating=RATING in Preferences. But as I say, I've just made that field empty via Properties but the %rating% column says they are all rated 1.

Reply #265
As I said, I tried that but it doesn't work.

It has a dot next to "not set" in the context menu thing but it still says 1 in the %rating% column. This may be a bug I suppose?

EDIT; Here's a couple of screenshots. Before and after. They're the same (except that when I set it to "not set", one star gets added to my $pad($repeat(★,$meta(rating)), 5,) column - strangely).

Reply #267
OK, grimes, my old friend. I had to take a break but here's an update.

I did a completely fresh install of fb2k v2 beta 12 (portable).

When I use context menu playlist | Playback Statistics | Rating | <not set> on fewer than 100 tracks (that are currently tagged with one star), it works fine. The rating gets removed.

When I do it on 100 tracks or more, it doesn't work.

I've tried it on several amounts between 1 and 99 and it always works fine. Any number I've tried over 99, it always fails.

All my tracks are mp3s with only ID3v2.3 tags.

My best guess is that fb2k wants to send me a warning that I'm about to tag 100 tracks or more, but there's a bug which doesn't throw up the warning and therefore fb2k doesn't run the task.

Hope that helps.

Reply #268
Rather than edit my previous post, I'll put this here because I think it's a separate issue.

I wanted to save time changing my 1-star ratings to "not set". So rather than doing them 99 tracks at a time, I did a fresh install of v1 latest.

I installed Facets (because I couldn't work out how to get the Playlist viewer to populate with all my tracks without it) and installed Playlist statistics (to set the ratings).

But then, when I added a Rating column (%rating%), all my tracks have a question mark in that column. It's infuriating lol!

Attached is a screenshot of one track that is rated 4 as you can see in Properties on the left, but shows a question mark in the Rating column on the right.

As a reminder, I rated the tracks using context menu playlist | Playback Statistics | Rating | <not set> in v2 beta 12 as suggested by you, so the ratings should be in the database and the tags, I believe.

What's going on? Why don't the ratings show up in the rating column?

Thanks yet again. So sorry to bother you with this rather trivial stuff.

Reply #269
Ratings are not displayed properly. Track shows 4, context menu 5 and Properties 4.5. 4.5 was the result of conversion from 1.6.12 to 2.0, should be 4
On another note. Not sure if this is related ...

Why do the ratings (which hopefully I've done right now* as per our discussion above) not show up in mp3tag?

I have more than a thousand rated tracks but only 34 have ratings according to mp3tag. (All my tracks have ID3v2.3 tags.)

*[I now have a custom column using $pad($repeat(★,%rating%), 5,) and my keyboard shortcuts use  Playback Statistics>Rating instead of Quick Tagger.

Reply #270
Limit 99 tracks: There is no 3 digits limit in foobar2000. Don't know whats wrong.

?: ? indicates that the rating is MISSING (not set).

mp3tag: I don't know.

Verify integrity of your MP3's. There seems to be some of them corrupt.

Reply #271
?: ? indicates that the rating is MISSING (not set).
That's what I mean. They are rated. I used Playback statistics to do it properly but they show ? in v1.

Reply #272
Priority is to fix your faulty files in your media library. This is the prerequisite for a working rating system.

Mark all tracks in playlist | rightclick | Utilities | Verify integrity

Reply #273
Limit 99 tracks: There is no 3 digits limit in foobar2000. Don't know what's wrong.
So I'm reporting a bug: You can't set more than 99 tracks to <not set> in v2.

Reply #274
Priority is to fix your faulty files in your media library. This is the prerequisite for a working rating system.

Mark all tracks in Media library | rightclick | Utilities | Verify integity
Yeah, I was just doing that already.

The vast majority are OK.

23 items could not be correctly decoded.
237 items decoded with minor problems.

I quite sure that is not the problem.

I've rated many hundreds of tracks and none of them show a rating in v1. And only 34 show a rating in mp3tag.