Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 143260 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #450
to add
Quick Tagger
I like "Default UI".
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #451
Compatibility checker for plugins to know if they're 64 bit or 32. 

Or even a column in the preferences to says what they are. Much like task manager in windows where it says its (32 bit) after the name for those and for 64 bit there's nothing.

Reply #452
Compatibility checker for plugins to know if they're 64 bit or 32.
32-bit foobar2000 can only use 32-bit plugins, and 64-bit foobar2000 can only use 64-bit plugins.

Reply #454
32bit/64bit components should be bundled inside the same archive as per the instructions here...

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Development:Overview

The components website actually detects this when they are uploaded and will display what's inside. One example is one of Case's most recent uploads.

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_wave_minibar_mod

Reply #455
a few small requests for 2.0:

ReFacets:
- please give ReFacets a vertical option. <--- This is pretty crucial
- consider adding a the ability to enable/disable "summary item" on each pane.
- please allow us to display album artwork in ReFacets album pane

Would love a tag info pane that allows quick editing, like the TagBox addon did.  (Similar info panes aren't editable.)
Would love a queue content editor too.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone.  I appreciate you.

Reply #456
32bit/64bit components should be bundled inside the same archive as per the instructions here...
I did read that, that's why I thought this would be a good idea to incorporate a checker in the installed components dialog or a column showing their compatibility. It would be a nice addition to know when all the components are 64-bit so it's easier to know when to upgrade from 32-bit FB.

Reply #457
Pro-tip: You can have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions installed at the same time.  Just do the 64-bit one first and rename the shortcuts to "foobar2000 64-bit" and then install the 32-bit version.  You can have both 32-bit and 64-bit components at the same time as well.  The 32-bit components will go in the "user-components" directory and 64-bit ones will go in the "user-components-x64" directory under "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000-v2".  You don't have to stick with one or the other if you got one that you might need every once in a while.  Just launch whatever version you want to use and the appropriate components versions should load as long as their installed correctly and the correct versions.  Hope this helps users with migration.

Reply #458
I would strongly recommend people wanting to play around with both installs one of them in portable mode. It's not like 2 standard installs can make use of the file associations.

And I really wouldn't want to share the same config files. Maybe it's possible but I wouldn't chance it. If you accidentally launch one before closing the other, that would be trouble. With a portable install, running both concurrently is fine.

Reply #459
I would strongly recommend people wanting to play around with both installs one of them in portable mode. It's not like 2 standard installs can make use of the file associations.

And I really wouldn't want to share the same config files. Maybe it's possible but I wouldn't chance it. If you accidentally launch one before closing the other, that would be trouble. With a portable install, running both concurrently is fine.

From my tests (using Windows sandbox), you can only launch one instance at a time.  It can be either 32-bit or 64-bit but not both at the same time.  I tried it.  As for configuration, it tends to act like the component either loaded or didn't depending on which one you launched.  I was suggesting mainly in some corner cases that you may use one way more often than the other and only use the other if you really needed to.  My suggestion here would be only make configuration changes in the one you actually use more often and keep the versions between the 32-bit and 64-bit builds exactly the same.

foobar2000 requires that each instance be it's separate install and not share a configuration.  Portable installs is the only way to run multiple instances.  I have not simulated a crash as of yet but it could be something I could try.  I keep working back ups of my configurations just in case something goes horribly wrong.

Right now my main foobar2000 install and portable flash drive install is version 1.6.12, I never use betas for normal use only final versions.  Tests with the current 2.0 betas have been either portable installs outside of Windows sandbox or system installs inside of Windows sandbox.

Reply #460
I was thinking running multiple copies might have been possible if you've crashed fb2k and you get the option to ignore the presence of the running fille. Not tested and I'm probably wrong.  :)) I supposed after a crash it's easy to delete/recreate it. It's probably locked if one process is still erm.... running.

Reply #461
So far I've had no issues running a portable installation of the new v2 beta at the same time as my old v1.6 portable installation.  Both can even play music at the same time.  Both are in completely separate folders on my desktop.

Reply #462
Hello everyone,

I am facing an annoyance that will hopefully get resolved (or maybe I am missing something already)...
My music library consists of many folders, some of which are on external media, not always connected/available.

The Library viewer/search function, does not differentiate on the source media for the files. And I can't tell the location of the files either. Oftentimes, I select an album for playback, only to find that none of the tracks will play because the source is not available.

Any steps to improve this situation would be awesome.

e.g.
1) Filters to show/hide source medias from the Library viewer results.
2) Show the source media each file/folder/album resides in.

Thanks!

Reply #463
^ You could show the drive letter with $left(%path%,3) ... make it a playlist column and add it to Library > Search list, or insert into the beginning of Album List view patterns to divide the tree into drive letters.

Reply #464
Any chance for 64 bit versions of these plugins:
- Asio out
-Dynamic range meter
- Enhanced spectrum analyzer
- HDCD decoder
- HTTP control
- Pregap
- Foo run groups
- R128 meter
- Musical spectrum
- youtube
- mpv?
Plus bitperfect passthrough of bitstream (AC3, DTS, DTSHDMA and others) (without decoding to PCM)?

Reply #465
Edit: This is probably not the thread or subforum for 3rd party components, so anticipate it to be moved.

64-bit foo_youtube: https://yd.3dyd.com/download/

foo_out_asio is Peter's component, but clearly stated to be intended for legacy systems, and fb2k v2 is not supposed to be XP-friendly. I doubt it.
foo_dynamic range was developed for a short time in 2011 only. I doubt it.
foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer: dev hasn't been logged in here for three years
foo_hdcd: dev refuses to support foobar2000 anymore. Someone should configure foo_input_ffmpeg on those.
foo_httpcontrol: nag the dev here? https://bitbucket.org/oblikoamorale/
foo_dsp_pregap: maybe next time @Case is on an update spree
Foo run groups ... what is that?
foo_r128norm: dev refuses to support foobar2000 anymore
foo_musical_spectrum: not updated for ten years, https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Musical_Spectrum_(foo_musical_spectrum) says it is abandoned
foo_mpv: developer is active, https://github.com/sammoth/foo_mpv/issues/8

Reply #467
I guess this is the place to make requests for V2.

The feature "remember layout for this playlist" is a welcome addition to foobar2000. However, it seems I can't copy a layout and apply it to other playlists. The best I can do is switch the grouping scheme, but that doesn't load custom columns.

Request: It would be awesome if foobar V2 had a proper playlist layout manager. I would like to setup a full playlist layout and then apply that layout to multiple playlists. And if I update a layout, it would update all the playlists.

Reply #468
^ You could show the drive letter with $left(%path%,3) ... make it a playlist column and add it to Library > Search list, or insert into the beginning of Album List view patterns to divide the tree into drive letters.

Hey, thanks for that. I made some sense of it, not completely though. Not an advanced user. Would be nice if that feature came preconfigured out of the box.

Reply #469
Edit: This is probably not the thread or subforum for 3rd party components, so anticipate it to be moved.

64-bit foo_youtube: https://yd.3dyd.com/download/

foo_out_asio is Peter's component, but clearly stated to be intended for legacy systems, and fb2k v2 is not supposed to be XP-friendly. I doubt it.
foo_dynamic range was developed for a short time in 2011 only. I doubt it.
foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer: dev hasn't been logged in here for three years
foo_hdcd: dev refuses to support foobar2000 anymore. Someone should configure foo_input_ffmpeg on those.
foo_httpcontrol: nag the dev here? https://bitbucket.org/oblikoamorale/
foo_dsp_pregap: maybe next time @Case is on an update spree
Foo run groups ... what is that?
foo_r128norm: dev refuses to support foobar2000 anymore
foo_musical_spectrum: not updated for ten years, https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components/Musical_Spectrum_(foo_musical_spectrum) says it is abandoned
foo_mpv: developer is active, https://github.com/sammoth/foo_mpv/issues/8

Thank you for your reply.
I know most of these (that someone is inactive or refuses to continue work and so on...). What I meant was: will someone do it, meaning: is it legal or not forbidden to rework those components by otehr developers. If it can happen, second question is: will someone be willing to do it?
As for ASIO OUT - for me it is the most important plugin. Without it, FB is almost useless to me. I use ASIO to communicate with my DAC (and I do not want to use Wasapi or other modes). I also know that there is ASIO+DSD but it seems to not work properly for me (I use SACD input, DSD Transcoder and DVDA decoder from the same author and these work fine, but ASIO+DSD produces problems in my setup).

FooRunGroups is the same as FooRun but it works with groups of elements and not just single tracks.

I know Dynamic Range is considered old and useles but I find it more usefull than LUFS or even PLR.

Are there any good (because I could not find any properly working) plugins for remote control (I have foobar on my laptop with external hdd drives with music files) and just want to control it via smatphone (but I do not use any library, I just go into hdd drive, then to folder with wanted music file and doubleclick it for playing - I do not want to create any libraries or playlists). I just need to double click needed file to play it with foobar.

I was talking about fooyoutube component (https://fy.3dyd.com/download/)- not youtube downloader.

Reply #470
If a component's source code has never been shared, rewriting from scratch is a massive undertaking that pretty much no one is going to do.

And even open source components can come with their own headaches. Some are amazingly simple to update... others, not so much.

Reply #471
If a component's source code has never been shared, rewriting from scratch is a massive undertaking that pretty much no one is going to do.
ReFacets must have been a helluvajob.

I know Dynamic Range is considered old and useles but I find it more usefull than LUFS or even PLR.
You can have a 32-bit fb2k on your computer and use foo_dynamic_range to write tags, just like ReplayGain tags are scanned and written once - it is not a component you need in the install you use for everyday playback.

Reply #472
Wishes:

1. Use different user folders for 32 and 64 bit. That way both versions could be installed without breaking each other (especially when it comes to themes and add-ons which are not yet ported.

2. Some kind of helper or import/export function between Facets and ReFacets. Currently I have a lot of filters defined and several foobar2000 installations, thus it would be a lot work to write each one again manually. Ideally, the facet config file would be imported into a new refacet config file when moving from 1.x to 2.x I'm guessing right now the config for ReFacets is stored in the core config file.

Reply #473
ReFacets:
- please give ReFacets a vertical option. <--- This is pretty crucial
- consider adding a the ability to enable/disable "summary item" on each pane.
- please allow us to display album artwork in ReFacets album pane

In addition to the above, I have another big ReFacets request:  Please provide an option so that double clicking the selection sends it to the Default or "Library Selection" playlist.  Right now, double clicking either makes a completely new playlist, or it overwrites/adds to the current list you're looking at, which can lead to playlists getting messed up just because you selected an album.

Thanks

Reply #474
UPnP servers using NAS or other are widely used and are essentials.  The old "UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point" (foo_upnp) component was quite nice but :
1. is no more maintened since 2015,
2. has no 64 bits version and thus is not compliant with fb2K V2
3. does not really need the server functionnality most of the time

My wishlist is simple and crucial : embed a UPnP/DLNA Browser and Control Point (and Renderer but a maintened component already exists) into foobar2000 V2 core !