Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag Sanitizer component (Read 15496 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tag Sanitizer component

Reply #25
iTunNORM should work just make sure there's no spaces before or after the apostrophe.

Reply #26
Regarding the 'retro' appearance,
I've given it some thought, but I don't want to drastically alter it from where it is.
The general idea of this component is to clean up newly downloaded files, retaining only tags that you keep in your library, remembering the last used config to apply again next time you download some album.

If the component imports a list of known tags from the library, it will seem as if it lists tags present in the selected files. Wrong!
If the component imports a list of known tags from the selected files... then it just clones the functionality of the Properties dialog, so what's the point?

Re embedded images-
Everything not specifically checked as preserved is discarded - including stuff that foobar2000 doesn't even show (and that's the point of this component), basically tags are discarded and then selected data is written back to fresh tags.
All embedded images are removed, and if "preserve front cover" is checked, just front cover is written to the fresh tags.

Re iTunNORM-
It seems there's currently no way to retain it, I'm looking into it.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #27
What is the difference between this component and the Masstagger "Remove all except for ..." function?

Reply #28
No one??…

Well... After all this time doing tests, I came to the conclusion that the function integrated in Masstagger is reasonably better than Tag Sanitizer.

The Tag Sanitizer appears to be a more specific component with a few functions dedicated to the label it proposes, but in several directories containing entire discographies, it ended up removing more tags than I had stipulated, which caused me considerable headache to re-tag the affected files. Situation that I did not see happen with the function integrated to Masstagger.

Reply #29
Hi,
thanks for the new foo_sanitizer 1.3 component.

When trying to extract the embedded front album art from audio files (AAC or FLAC), what kind of format is expected in the "Move front cover to external file" input box?
Whatever I try (e.g. %filename%.jpg, or folder.jpg, or full path to a filename) the operation fails with the message "Please specify a JPEG file name to save to". See screenshot here: https://ibb.co/fxyYfGV

Foobar2000 v1.6.4 (portable install), foo_sanitizer v1.3, Win10 x64.

Reply #30
Hi,
thanks for the new foo_sanitizer 1.3 component.

When trying to extract the embedded front album art from audio files (AAC or FLAC), what kind of format is expected in the "Move front cover to external file" input box?
Whatever I try (e.g. %filename%.jpg, or folder.jpg, or full path to a filename) the operation fails with the message "Please specify a JPEG file name to save to". See screenshot here: https://ibb.co/fxyYfGV

Foobar2000 v1.6.4 (portable install), foo_sanitizer v1.3, Win10 x64.
Same here

Reply #31
How about adding a results window or log file to track what changes were made?

Also would be nice to have an option which cleans space characters at the start and end of tags.

Reply #32
Also would be nice to have an option which cleans space characters at the start and end of tags.

You don't need the component for that. In a file's "Properties", right-click a field and select "clean up".

(I wish for fb2k to also allow a config to strip leading or trailing newlines, and to convert Unix newlines to Windows newlines - but that is outside this component.)

Reply #33
Wow I was not aware of that, thanks for the tip. Although it also converts underscores to spaces which is not really desirable for me.

Reply #34
Re embedded images-
Everything not specifically checked as preserved is discarded - including stuff that foobar2000 doesn't even show (and that's the point of this component), basically tags are discarded and then selected data is written back to fresh tags.
All embedded images are removed, and if "preserve front cover" is checked, just front cover is written to the fresh tags.
How can I tell this component to keep ARTIST, BACK and DISC images?

Regarding the 'retro' appearance,
I've given it some thought, but I don't want to drastically alter it from where it is.
Just an expanded window would be enough, preferably resizeable.
Its a pain to alter the tags I want to keep. (I use a lot of self-created tags to store remarks in my files, like: FUFFYTAG_THIS_IS_ONE_OF_MY_FAVORITES or FUFFYTAG_GREAT_ALBUM or FUFFYTAG_GENRE_KARNEVAL)

If the component imports a list of known tags from the selected files... then it just clones the functionality of the Properties dialog, so what's the point?
hmmm...IMHO The point was, that the Properties dialog won't remove all those hidden tags not shown in the properties dialog. So that dialogue can't be used to remove all those tags.
I not only santizite my own collection. Also friends and foes/customers/clients ones. Therefore, other settings/tags are needed to keep.

Reply #35
My current settings
title,artist,album artist,album,tracknumber,discnumber,date,lyrics,unsyncedlyrics

Has this component broke, I've used it for a long time and am pretty sure it used to work, now even with above line stripped to just "album artist" it still removes the album artist tag %album artist%

Reply #37
Is there anyway to preserve the last modified date when sanitizing tags. I'm using v2 beta 10 and have 'Preserve file creation/access/modification...' checked in preferences. It changes the last modified date on all files sanitized even on ones that should not have needed any changes. I have the same behavior in v1.6.12.

Reply #38
Played a bit with it on my recently updated system. Every now and then it gives the error that file is in use. And then every now and then it wipes tags.

I'm having this issue too; it'll give an error message like "Error processing file: [filepath] File is already in use", and the tags will all be wiped. This happens if I'm processing a very large number of files, like, well, all of them.

Now I'm using foobar2000 v2 beta 13, but I had this issue before too with the standalone component in v 1.6.12.