Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1466246 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #3225
I have the same string as you do in the Standard fields section.  I will try a portable installation now to see if it fixes the issue.  Thanks again.

Reply #3226
@xsdaver,

I have just run a test using Discogs Tagger v2.23, same result, 01,...
Could you run same test with same test tracks with both components?
Not discarding Discogger bugs/issues, but apparently I get the same result for %TITLE% in both components.

Reply #3227
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are asking.  When I run Discogs Tagger in x32 Foobar it works as I expect - the title fields are populated correctly.  It doesn't when I run Discogger in x64 Foobar.  Or at least it didn't before I tried a portable installation of Foobar x64.  On the portable installation it is working as expected, so I assume based on previous comments that something in my old configuration is causing the issue.  In the end, having a portable installation of Foobar is good since I use it on numerous machines and this makes it easy to propagate any updates or revisions.  It's just a PITA to get a completely new installation configured to be like the one I've been used to using for the past decades.  In the end, it will be worth it.

I really appreciate all the input to help me with this issue.

Reply #3228
Geez, Discogs.

I agree.... posted that question in the Discogs API forum 10 days ago, nobody cared about it. That's life.
The alternative would be calling the API against a local database.
I normalized the whole Discogs database last year into an SQLite database, and mimicked the API, so who knows what the future will bring for this component?

You can also, if you mind, log into the Discogs API forum and add some comments to 'Master release versions format quantity'.  :(

@xsdaver,

I was just proposing installing two fresh portable installations of Discogs and Discogger, and testing both with a few tagless tracks.
I believe that might alleviate the pressure while getting to know the differences.
The most useful tip I can provide is the difference between both components Write/Update/Write and update modes.
Most people immediately set most to Write and update (from what I heard) which is kind of an equivalent to Discogs Write.

I will be glad to hear from your advances, please do not hesitate to post here any doubts you might have.

Reply #3229
You can also, if you mind, log into the Discogs API forum and add some comments to 'Master release versions format quantity'.  :(
Good idea, I'll head over there shortly.

Reply #3230
Hello.
To draw some picture - I'm using some functions to get Rap credit, and pass it as a featuring. I used some scripts I found here some day. Sometimes value of this credit is filled with original artist name. I wanted to wrap my present script into filter function, and remove from array of all 'Rap' credited artists, artists that are also in Release artist array. But I'm struggling with passing array as a content to filter.

In documentation stays that $filter(A,Q) Removes values in Q from A. Operates at depth D-1 on both A and Q, or depth D in Q if Q is a simple string. Returns an array of similar shape to A, but possibly less wide at depth D-1. If I'm not mistaken - this says, that I could pass Q as an array.

If I make something like: $filter($array('aa','bb','cc','c','d'),'aa') I get what I expected: 'bb; cc; c; d'

But if I put there $filter($array('aa','bb','cc','c','d'),$filter('aa','c')) I get [Error processing function $filter : Array parameter (2) is too deep.] instead of 'bb; cc; d'

Am I missing something? Why it isn't work?

Reply #3231
Can't edit post above. Formula which isn't work for me is obviously:
$filter($array('aa','bb','cc','c','d'),$array('aa','c'))
I get [Error processing function $filter : Array parameter (2) is too deep.] instead of 'bb; cc; d'

Reply #3232
Not sure if this will do the trick, but I think the left-hand array needs to be one level deeper.
I can get rid of the error with:
$filter([['aa','bb','cc','c','d']],['aa','c'])
Although even when I've tried to $flatten the result, I get nothing written.

Reply #3233
Second day:
(FATAL) Error: Network exceptionNetwork error (url: https://api.discogs.com/database/search)
[ESCAPE to close]
Foobar 2.1.3 x32/Discogs Tagger 2.23
Before last friday everything was OK.
Any thoughts?

Master Release Rating

Reply #3236
Hi zoomorph,

I'd like to request a new Object/Field for the Master, not Release, Avg. Rating and Vote Counts.

Certain, usually lesser known, releases within the same master have very few votes or none at all.

From what I can see, the Master Avg. Rating and Vote Counts shown on Discogs are averages of all the Avg. Rating and Vote Counts of all the releases within that master. While this would mean that using the Master Release Avg. Rating and Vote Counts for a specific release would not account for the differences in that release, I think the differences are usually not significant to defeat the advantages.

Thank you for developing this great plug-in, please let me know what you think.
Unfortunately that information is not available from the Discogs API.

As of version 2.07, this can be done manually using the following formatting string:
Code: [Select]
$puts(RATINGS,%<MASTER_RELEASE_RELEASES_DISCOGS_AVG_RATING>%)$puts(VOTES,%<MASTER_RELEASE_RELEASES_DISCOGS_RATING_VOTES>%)$puts(COUNT,$length($get(RATINGS)))$puts(TOTALVOTES,$sum($get(VOTES)))$multi_round($sum($multi_divd($multi_mul($get(RATINGS),$get(VOTES)),$get(TOTALVOTES))),2)
Note that this could be very slow for large master releases, as it requires loading each sub release and then calculating the overall average.

I have the same question as from the above discussion from 2016.  Has the master release rating been added to the API since this was originally posted?  I'd love to have this data, but am concerned about using the potentially slow workaround code.

Thanks,
eCo

Reply #3237
Dear devs,

I'm getting an error with artist that have an ampersamd (&). Both with the old and the new component.

(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 3210298: JSON Parser ExceptionArray assertion failed.

Cheers,
Adriaan.

Hmmm, might be a discogs problem.

Reply #3239
Dear devs,

I'm getting an error with artist that have an ampersamd (&). Both with the old and the new component.

(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 3210298: JSON Parser ExceptionArray assertion failed.

Cheers,
Adriaan.

Hmmm, might be a discogs problem.

I'm getting the same error with this release: https://www.discogs.com/release/10954170

Never seen it before today, might be a discogs problem then.

Reply #3241
@bloniaq @frogworth
As bloniaq mentioned above, despite the documentation, the $filter only works with strings as a second parameter.
There should be a fix available asap.

@eCo
No, as far as I can tell, the master release rating has not been added to the API since then.

@BiOMeX, @a3aan, @Jezulkim, @Sea Monkey and @frogworth thanks for reporting and testing.

The '(FATAL) Error: Error loading release : JSON Parser ExceptionArray assertion failed' should be fixed now...

There is a new release available: v1.0.20.5:

Change log:
 - 'JSON Parser Exception Array assertion failed' parsing empty release credits.
-  Crash trying to tag releases containing multiple rewind-hidden tracks.
-  Mitigates subtract´ track parsed as disk number.

Reply #3242
Hi and thank you for the great component tagger, I'm too having the parser error even after installing the new release
(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 2821726: JSON Parser ExceptionArray assertion failed.
I tried for the other releases of these artists in the compilation too, same error

Reply #3243
I'm not getting the error. Are you sure you have the latest version of the component?

Reply #3245
@zpoison @BiOMeX Please look at @da yuyu's post here (directly above these comments!) with a link to the actual latest version.
Version 2.23 is the last version of foo_discogs. There is a forked version called foo_discogger which is in active development.

ETA: Amusingly, I've already posted about this on this page of this topic!
Is there any chance of a mod being able to rename this, or could @bubbleguuum possibly edit the first post to mention foo_discogger?
Alternatively maybe we need a separate foo_discogger thread @da yuyu ?

Reply #3246
@zpoison @BiOMeX Please look at @da yuyu's post here (directly above these comments!) with a link to the actual latest version.
Version 2.23 is the last version of foo_discogs. There is a forked version called foo_discogger which is in active development.
Unfornately foo_discogger is not indicated as possibly update in foobar2000. Can author fix it?

Reply #3247
It's not an update, it's a new component, hence having a new name.
You can download the .component file from the link in the post, and install it. You can have it installed side-by-side with foo_discogs, which can be useful if you have custom mappings and any other settings you might want to bring across.
It's good - it has a number of improvements and the bug people are now encountering is fixed!

Reply #3248
It's not an update, it's a new component, hence having a new name.
I know that. I have both of them installed. But foo_discogger does not indicate possible updates. Question is why so.

Reply #3249
I think @da yuyu's position has been that it's still in beta, but I do agree that it deserves being registered in the foobar2000 repository (or whatever - I'm not sure what the mechanism actually is).
But I'm the meantime if you're following this thread you'll hear about every update.