Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart (Read 693501 times) previous topic - next topic

[CRASHWARE] updated foo_uie_albumart

Reply #675
Ive reverted back to v2.1b because there would be a long drawn out freeze in foobar when i loaded a new song. This could be due to the wildcards all being processed but as there is only one imagefile per directory I'm not sure. Does the new version process ALL files in that directory or just the ones that are recognised image files?

Or maybe its due to the new way of producing the image. Meh its a shame becuase i got all excited over the ability to export and import source lists (makes a note to get a life at some point in the future)
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

Reply #676
Ive reverted back to v2.1b because there would be a long drawn out freeze in foobar when i loaded a new song. This could be due to the wildcards all being processed but as there is only one imagefile per directory I'm not sure. Does the new version process ALL files in that directory or just the ones that are recognised image files?

Or maybe its due to the new way of producing the image. Meh its a shame becuase i got all excited over the ability to export and import source lists (makes a note to get a life at some point in the future)

As i mentioned before, it really seems to check all the files if you use a wildcard setting that is only like "*". You should use something like "*.jpg" and "*.png" - that should keep the loading time down a bit, at least it works fine this way for me.
SING A SONG -No Music, No Life-

Reply #677
[quote name='gfngfgf' date='Aug 10 2006, 02:00' post='419361']
First off, and this is for everyone, please, please, at the very least add an extension to your source list (*.jpg, or similar).  If you have a mix of jpg's, gif's, etc., you can add extra sources with a dash in front, like so:

Code: [Select]
$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*.jpg
-$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*.gif
--components\default.png

Thank you

This is a good explanation, it work't perfectly. thank you again

Reply #678
I should pay more attention lol Back on the latest version and everything works beautifully thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Reply #679
When resizing, the album art disappears and turns to all white; after a track change or when highlighting a different track, the panel works normal again

edit: I use the new version 0.24

Reply #680
At the bottom of the Behavior tab of the preferences dialog there is a group of options for mouse clicking. If I'm not mistaken the left click function is set to "Refresh". If this is still the case with your setup then at any time you shoule be able to left click on the image and refresh.

Though it would be nice if the component would auto-refresh on resize. Several other components appear to suffer from this problem.. does the SDK provide a notification of events such as resize?

Reply #682
Though it would be nice if the component would auto-refresh on resize. Several other components appear to suffer from this problem.. does the SDK provide a notification of events such as resize?

The SDK doesn't - the windows api does . Unless Columns UI fires this event even when no rezising is done this should be quite easy to implement. But this might create a big performance problem - as the picture is resized and redrawn for every pixel (well not exactly, but kind of ^^) you move your mouse while resizing.

As promised, I've (re)implemented cycling through all wildcard matches.

I'd really like an option to switch this off, as it burns performance when not needed.

Reply #684
I'd really like an option to switch this off, as it burns performance when not needed.

Okay, this should make it to the next version.

does the SDK provide a notification of events such as resize?

It actually has nothing to do with the foobar2000 SDK or the Windows SDK.....it's just a bug in foo_uie_albumart's paint() code that I introduced in the latest version.  I'm looking at it now.

Reply #685
Not working string:  -$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)..\*.jpg
What about this?
(new version 0.24)

Reply #686
Did you try to remove the "..\"?  I think that will correct it.

Reply #687
Not working string:  -$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)..\*.jpg
What about this?
(new version 0.24)

Yes, I think I know what's going on there.  Thanks for the report.

Reply #689
Just realized what you are trying to do.  My mistake.

Reply #690
When resizing, the album art disappears and turns to all white; after a track change or when highlighting a different track, the panel works normal again

edit: I use the new version 0.24

Me Too!
Music is my first love.

Reply #691
Does 0.2.4 plug-in function the same in 0.9.4 Beta? I can't get default string to display anything but 'no cover' customization.
Foo_title didn't install correctly and I have not found a way to kill .NET Framework pop-up but I don't see how this problem could mess up album art config. Here is (almost) default string:

[foo_uie_albumart]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)%artist%r.jpg
--components\default$rand(10).png

All audio files are formatted to "artist/album - date/track - title" and album art jpg is in same folder. Any tips?

Don't mean to hog anybodies thread....sorry if I am.

Reply #692
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)%artist%r.jpg

Is that 'r' a typo?  I just tested the exact string you posted and it seemed to work for me.  If you still have problems, please enable the option "output preformatted sources to console" in Album Art Panel Preferences, then open foobar2000's console by selecting "Console" from the "View" menu and look for any messages that start with "searching album art, preprocessed pattern:" (they should be the last messages).  Reply here with what those messages say (cut and paste from the console) and I'll have a look.

Don't mean to hog anybodies thread....sorry if I am.

Not at all....this is the appropriate thread to post any problems, comments, suggestions or otherwise related to the album art panel.

Reply #693
w00t ...??
-These "..\" are not working and will not ?? Did I get it right ...??  (Just recognized that it seems so)
-How can I go "UP" in the Foder-structure, now ...??
-Do I need therefore the OLD version again ...??

Reply #694
I have a simply question:
how can I get this plugin to display whatever image I have in the folder where the playing file is located, regardless of file name?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=354050"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*

That should do the trick.

i am using the code listed in the quote above, and it takes at least 10 to 15 seconds to load files. is there a different method i can use to speed up the loading process? thanks.

Reply #695
read up. You need to alter it to be more specific like

$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*.jpg
-$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*.png

Reply #696
Is that 'r' a typo?  I just tested the exact string you posted and it seemed to work for me.  If you still have problems, please enable the option "output preformatted sources to console" in Album Art Panel Preferences, then open foobar2000's console by selecting "Console" from the "View" menu and look for any messages that start with "searching album art, preprocessed pattern:" (they should be the last messages).  Reply here with what those messages say (cut and paste from the console) and I'll have a look.

Indeed a typo but fixing it didn't resolve anything...at first. Here is console output:

Dorfmeister.jpg"
searching album art, preprocessed pattern: "M:\AudioDB\Kruder & Dorfmeister\Conversions - A K&D Selection (1996)\folder.png"
searching album art, preprocessed pattern: "components\default6.png"
searching album art, preprocessed pattern: "M:\AudioDB\Kruder & Dorfmeister\Conversions - A K&D Selection (1996)\Kruder & Dorfmeister.jpg"
searching album art, preprocessed pattern: "M:\AudioDB\Kruder & Dorfmeister\Conversions - A K&D Selection (1996)\folder.png"
searching album art, preprocessed pattern: "components\default4.png"

Since I specified %artist% I guess plug-in looks for exact match. So I renamed file and
---voila----two skinny dudes show up in album pannel. How to best format string to pick up any graphics file? I also never been able to click through and get anything but the first match in some of my other foobar configs of the past. So if folder includes a file named back.jpg , that's where it would match. Not being the brightest light on the tree I'd just go into the folder and rename front.jpg to afront  ......

I know this knowledgebase is smoother then that.
Thanks for the help

Reply #697
Since I specified %artist% I guess plug-in looks for exact match. So I renamed file and
---voila----two skinny dudes show up in album pannel.

I'm a little confused.  Were you able to fix your problem?

How to best format string to pick up any graphics file?

musosticky's post just above yours shows an excellent example.

I also never been able to click through and get anything but the first match in some of my other foobar configs of the past. So if folder includes a file named back.jpg , that's where it would match. Not being the brightest light on the tree I'd just go into the folder and rename front.jpg to afront  ......

Actually, this is a feature that just found its way back to the album art panel in version 0.2.4.  In version 0.2.4, if you use a wildcard ('*' or '?'), the panel will cycle through all images that match the wildcard.  So if you use "*.jpg", the panel should cycle through all the images in a particular folder.

Reply #698
musosticky's post just above yours shows an excellent example.

Awww shucks 
The string was pointed out to me by someone else though and that person helping me inspired me to start playing more with this component and now Ive got it set up to cycle through album and artist art which has reduced the size of my whole design considerably (its all about minimalism baby)

Its rather typical but here it is if anyone likes the idea
[foo_uie_albumart]
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.jpg
-$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)*.png
E:\Artists Photos\%artist%.jpg
-E:\Artists Photos\%artist%.png
--C:\Program Files\foobar2000\No cover.png
[End]

Reply #699
And there is realy no possibility to "climb up" in the folder-structure ...??