Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack 5.5.0 Released (Read 9813 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack 5.5.0 Released

WavPack 5.5.0 contains a fix for CVE-2021-44269 wherein encoding a specially crafted DSD file causes an out-of-bounds read exception.

The other major change was the addition of the --drop option and the ability to add brace-delimited default option parameters to the executable filename (thanks to @Porcus for the inspiration). On Windows, these improvements make using the WavPack executable icons as "drag and drop" targets much easier and more flexible. For details on using this feature see the user manual.

For the remaining minor fixes and improvements, see the official NEWS file.

Binaries and source can be found on the GitHub release page or the WavPack downloads page.

Note that I am no longer able to generate binaries for macOS. These should probably be obtained from HomeBrew anyway, which has been updated to 5.5.0.

:o Thanks HA for over 20 years of WavPack support!  :o

Re: WavPack 5.5.0 Released

Reply #1
Thanks David

BTW , the wavpack.com font is too small for full-HD resolution (PC).
I have to zoom to 120% or reader mode.

Reply #2
Thanks shadowking! Yeah, the website is starting to look a little small. I'll look around and see if I can tweak anything obvious, but I'm no web guru. Patches welcome...   :D

The manual also suffers from this, but I should probably convert that to pdf like I have the developer documentation.

Reply #3
Thanks shadowking! Yeah, the website is starting to look a little small. I'll look around and see if I can tweak anything obvious, but I'm no web guru. Patches welcome...   :D

The manual also suffers from this, but I should probably convert that to pdf like I have the developer documentation.

Thanks, I found that increasing the browser minimum font to 14 or 15 solves
it and other sites with smallish text. Of course some content breaks but not a lot.

The manual is fine , I prefer html over pdf

Reply #4
Would be great imo if a PDF version of the manual was available for download or even included with the the encoder package.

Reply #6
Would be great imo if a PDF version of the manual was available for download or even included with the the encoder package.
Here you go: www.rarewares.org/files/wavpack.pdf

Very basic, but it's all there. ;)

Reply #9
Rarewares - hosting WavPack 4.32 binaries and 5.50 PDF  ;D

Actually there is at least one "rarer" WavPack build that might be interesting. The XP-friendly 5.4.0 at https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120469.msg993282#msg993282

Yes, a bit incongruous!! :) I can post Intel builds of 5.5.0 if anyone wants them.

Reply #10
Actually there is at least one "rarer" WavPack build that might be interesting. The XP-friendly 5.4.0 at https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120469.msg993282#msg993282
Ah, thanks @Porcus , I had completely forgotten about these!

And anyone using especially the 32-bit version of this should update because of this bugfix.

Here's the associated bug on SoureForge (which is not getting a lot of attention).

And thanks @john33 for your ongoing builds and hosting!   :D

Reply #11
Intel builds of v5.5.0 now at Rarewares. :)

Reply #12
@shadowking I updated the font size as you suggested and also the header font sizes and the pixel width. It looks much better, thanks!

Unfortunately the style.css is almost impossible to de-cache, but at least the manual has it embedded and gets updated with a simple reload.

Reply #13
A simple Shift + Reload picked up the change for me.

Reply #14
A simple Shift + Reload picked up the change for me.
Ha, that worked!

It's funny, I even went into developer tools and right-clicked "reload" and selected "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" and that didn't do it.

But shift+reload works...   ::)

Reply #15
In ye olde Netscape/Mozilla days, Shift + Reload was supposed to mean "reload without using the cache". I don't know how many browsers obey that convention, but it still works in SeaMonkey. :)

Reply #16
everything is working !    Thanks

Reply #17
Now everything is working !  .  Now sure what I did.

Reply #19
Thank you, Bryant, for all your work!