Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tiny Bug?: folder.jpg has priority over embedded art (Read 1004 times) previous topic - next topic

Tiny Bug?: folder.jpg has priority over embedded art

Hello,

I've been using foobar2000 on my Android phone for a few years now and have noticed a small unexpected behavior related to album art.  Currently using 1.3.1

When there is a folder.jpg it gets used for every track in that folder, even if an mp3 has different embedded art.  I would think that the preferred art for a song should be its embedded art, and the folder.jpg should be used for a song if it has no embedded art.

I don't know for sure, maybe it's intended or a performance optimization.

Thanks for making foobar2k!

Re: Tiny Bug?: folder.jpg has priority over embedded art

Reply #1
Are your folders stored locally on the phone or on a network source?

Re: Tiny Bug?: folder.jpg has priority over embedded art

Reply #2
Sorry for the delay. 

Mp3 files are a MicroSD card physically inserted into the phone in the same tray that holds the sim card.  Just copied an album with a folder.jpg and a single mp3 with different embedded art over to the internal storage and got he exact same behavior.  Phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

My guess is that this would be a quick fix like changing on which line an if statement is, but one can never really know without looking at the source.