Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Apply skins results in Access Denied error (Read 3140 times) previous topic - next topic

Apply skins results in Access Denied error

I'm using Foobar mobile 1.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S10e, just updated to Android 12.  I reset my phone and re-installed foobar, but trying to apply any skins results in an Access Denied error.  Foobar has permissions to access storage.  Re-installing Foobar does not solve the issue.

Has this happened to anyone else?

EDIT: forgot to mention that I tried loading the skin from the internal storage, my SD card, and google drive.

Re: Apply skins results in Access Denied error

Reply #1
Have the same problem.Does not read skin files.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #2
Uninstalled 1.3 and re-installed 1.2.30 from the foobar site, was able to re-apply my skin.  Haven't tried to update to 1.3 again yet.

Also, more subjective, but 1.3 was also much slower at indexing my music on Android 12. 

Reply #3
Android v1.4.0 alpha build 757: Can now read skin files
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)