Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iOS playback issue if ftp path contains square brackets (Read 1349 times) previous topic - next topic

iOS playback issue if ftp path contains square brackets

foobar mobile does not play tracks with contain square brackets. It stops playing a track immediately and issues the error
Playback error: Object not found On: "ftp//{local ip number}/Media/Test/[2011] Collapse Into Now/01. Discoverer.flac"
and jumps to the next song to play (which again fails).
If I change the square brackets to round brackets in my music collection playback works well.

The tracks of the scanned album are shown properly in the track browser even if they include square brackets or German umlauts. Just playing them does not work.
I love foobar2000 and have used it to organize my music collection. Inspired by foobar, I use square brackets throughout the collection for album dates and album attributes (like remastered) also in path names. This is the only detail which keeps me from using foobar mobile in daily live ;-).
I am willing to provide more information, or do some beta testing - whatever helps to solve that issue.
Christoph

Re: iOS playback issue if ftp path contains square brackets

Reply #2
Sorry for digging out this old topic, but it's the end of 2022 and still this problem seems to persist. I used to use a simple external USB drive attached to my router and through ftp foobar2000 mobile played the files on both Android and iOS devices just fine. Now I just changed my NAS system to a Synology device and those "object can't be found" errors drove me nuts. I have found this topic and changing one thing makes the files accessible. After deleting the first square bracket [ the files become playable again. Since it worked flawlessly before on my poor man's NAS and when these files are stored in the device's internal hard drive, it must be a problem with the Synology system preferences. I just don't know where to start. Any advise would be highly appreciated!

Merry Christmas, everybody!

Re: iOS playback issue if ftp path contains square brackets

Reply #3
Sorry for digging out this old topic, but it's the end of 2022 and still this problem seems to persist.
The whole FTP implementation would need some serious work...
...but from what I understand Peter is currently heavily focused on the development of the desktop application.

Merry Christmas from me as well!