Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: History plugin (Read 126021 times) previous topic - next topic

History plugin

Reply #50
BUG: If you go back in history and play a song, the song will be repeated once.

fixed in foo_history 0.4.8
The plugin now searches in the active playlist for the song it tries to play.

I didn't get to fix and upload this before my holidays, but now you can dl it.

History plugin

Reply #51
Awesome. Thanks!

History plugin

Reply #52
I wonder if it would be possible/practical to list the previous and next songs (if applicable) in the menu?  That is, in the Playback | History menu, it might show the Next in history/Previous in history commands like: Next in history (name_of_last_song_played_here), with a similar effect for the previous command.  I often find myself wondering the name of what the last song I just listened to was and I don't really want to interrupt the current song to go back to it (via the Previous in history command) and then go forward again.  Another cool thing might be an additional submenu in the History menu that could list the past 10 or so songs that you listened to?  And clicking these songs would play that song song immediately.  It seems like the plugin already knows what these songs are, and it would just be a matter of updating the pull down menus.  A slightly more complex issue would be involved with implementing the list of the history: if you selected a song from the history that you played 5 songs ago and then go forward one song, would it take you to the song you listened to 4 songs ago or the song you were just listening to? (not sure if this is understandable at all)

Anyways, thanks for the very cool plugin. 

History plugin

Reply #53
There is already a list of track history you can access by going to components/history.

stripe/ben

History plugin

Reply #54
Wow, once again, I have spoken too soon.  Thanks for pointing that out... I'll shut up now...

History plugin

Reply #55
foo_history 0.4.9

The history is now searchable by foo_dbsearch 0.11.3. If you don't need this feature, there's no need to download this version.

History plugin

Reply #56
The new version gives this error always i press next in history:
Code: [Select]
Code: C0000005h, flags: 00000000h, address: 010B347Ch
Access violation, operation: read, address: 00007473h
Additional info: menu_manager::run_command() / "Playback/History/Next in history"
This is the first crash logged by this instance.
Code bytes:
010B345Ch:  40 3B C7 72 F3 83 C8 FF 83 F8 FF 75 04 33 F6 EB
010B346Ch:  15 8B 4D 0C 8B 76 28 03 C1 8B 34 86 85 F6 74 06
010B347Ch:  8B 06 8B CE FF 10 83 4D FC FF 8D 4D F0 E8 06 05
010B348Ch:  00 00 8B 4D F4 8B C6 5F 5E 64 89 0D 00 00 00 00
Crash info dumped to failure.txt in your program directory.
If you are reading this, you should restart the program as soon as possible to avoid further trouble, and report this exact message to the developer.

Also, it gives the "metadb_handle leaks" -error.

History plugin

Reply #57
Same crash here.

History plugin

Reply #58
foo_history 0.4.10

- fixed bug in "Playback/History/Next in history" when hitting the
  end of the history

The metadb_handle leak seems to have been caused by the crash. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

download link: plugin, source code

History plugin

Reply #59
0.4.10 seems to suffer from the same problem.
Illegal operation:
Code: C0000005h, flags: 00000000h, address: 003931F6h
Access violation, operation: read, address: FFFFFFFCh
Module: "foo_history", loaded at 00390000h - 0039E000h
Additional info: menu_manager::run_command() / "Playback/History/Next in history"
Code bytes:
003931D6h:  00 51 56 8B F1 57 8D 7E 0C 57 89 7D F0 FF 15 10
003931E6h:  60 39 00 FF 47 18 8B 46 28 8B 4E 40 83 65 FC 00
003931F6h:  8B 34 88 85 F6 74 06 8B 06 8B CE FF 10 83 4D FC
00393206h:  FF 8D 4D F0 E8 8D 07 00 00 8B 4D F4 8B C6 5F 5E
Version info:
foobar2000 v0.7.1 beta 6
UNICODE

0.4.8 still works perfectly.

History plugin

Reply #60
also this when opening empty history dialogue

ERROR (CORE) : Illegal operation:
Code: C0000005h, flags: 00000000h, address: 00B631F6h
Access violation, operation: read, address: FFFFFFFCh
Module: "foo_history", loaded at 00B60000h - 00B6E000h
Code bytes:
00B631D6h:  00 51 56 8B F1 57 8D 7E 0C 57 89 7D F0 FF 15 10
00B631E6h:  60 B6 00 FF 47 18 8B 46 28 8B 4E 40 83 65 FC 00
00B631F6h:  8B 34 88 85 F6 74 06 8B 06 8B CE FF 10 83 4D FC
00B63206h:  FF 8D 4D F0 E8 8D 07 00 00 8B 4D F4 8B C6 5F 5E
Crash info dumped to failure_00000010.txt in your program directory.
If you are reading this, you should restart the program as soon as possible to avoid further trouble, and report this exact message to the developer.
ERROR (CORE) : error executing menu command: "Components/History"

edit: crashs look identical i think.

History plugin

Reply #61
If you'd hear more music, your history wouldn't be empty and all this would not happen. What, you blame my "leet coding skills"? Oh, well.

Thanks for reporting this bug. It's now solved. Unfortunately, I have some problems uploading the fixed version to my webspace. 

edit: fixed typo. Jeez man, it was late.

History plugin

Reply #62
Jeez man, start proof-reading your posts and "Put knot yore trust inn spel chequers" 

temporary download location for fixed foo_history: ist gone.

Go break it.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

History plugin

Reply #63
foo_history 0.4.11

Now available from the official site.

@ssamadhi97: Thanks for temporarily hosting the file. You can now remove it from your site.

History plugin

Reply #64
foo_history 0.5.0

Major changes "under the hood". I'm too tired now to list them here. Note that you should consider this a beta version. So try tro break it, if your that dedicated.

download link: outdated, see below for newer version

Edit: Damn, I forgot to test the "ascending mode" of the UI. It's severely borked. I suggested you switch to "descending mode" for now...

History plugin

Reply #65
foo_history 0.5.1

Fixed the known bugs of 0.5.0. I think this version is ready for casual use.

download link: outdated, see below for newer version

History plugin

Reply #66
One odd thing that happens (with pre-0.5 too) is that if you hold down previous in history on keyboard (after playing some tracks), the history plugin gets a bit confused, sort of thinks a new track is being played and basically your history will get lost.

Not that i would do that anyway..

History plugin

Reply #67
One odd thing that happens (with pre-0.5 too) is that if you hold down previous in history on keyboard (after playing some tracks), the history plugin gets a bit confused, sort of thinks a new track is being played and basically your history will get lost.

Not that i would do that anyway..

Holding down previous in history will flood the history engine with requests to play songs, which in turn will flood the playback engine (and possibly the playlist engine) with requests to play songs. Since the playback engine is a lot slower than the other two - it has to open files, initialize the dsp pipeline and the output - and since the history engine does not wait for the requested song to actually start, synchronization between the two is lost. At least I think that's what's happening...

I'm not sure, if this is worth fixing (I certainly don't feel like doing it now  ).

History plugin

Reply #68
its not particulary important in the slightest,

but its not/wasnt happening with 0.667 & foo_history 0.3 .

In fact it doesnt seem to be happening with clean 0.7 either, maybe it some other component messing it up, illl look into it. (found it, only happens when lots of items are on playlist)

i think its related to the fact that foo_history doesnt obey follow cursor anymore (in the way scrolling takes longer, and so it looses sync as you say), it always scrolls, and i keep that off setting off now..

PS. the font setting also seems to be broken again, it resets to sans serif when you close & open the window.

Thanks for this useful plugin anyway, it is appreciated

History plugin

Reply #69
On Previous In History, the playing track isn't highlighted like it was in 0.4.11.  I don't know if this is intended behavior but I prefer the way it worked in previous versions, especially the option.

History plugin

Reply #70
On Previous In History, the playing track isn't highlighted like it was in 0.4.11.  I don't know if this is intended behavior but I prefer the way it worked in previous versions, especially the option.

I must have forgotten to put that back in when I redid the history engine.

History plugin

Reply #71
I just want to let you know I appreciate all the recent updates.  I'm glad to see it, as foo_history is one of my needed components for foobar.  Thank you.

History plugin

Reply #72
foo_history 0.5.2

-or-

The Return of the Missing Feature

I've added that "Change selection..." option back in.  This should be the last update of this plugin for some time.

History plugin

Reply #73
hey foosion,

Maybe i'm blind, but do you think it may be good idea to write a simple webpage for all your plugins? Would make navigation more easy and (if you like to) i would add the site to the sticky thread in the general-forum of the currently most important sites for fb2k.

You've made quite a lot of plugins for fb2k and you're still more than active.

What do you think about this idea?

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

History plugin

Reply #74
hey foosion,

Maybe i'm blind,

No, I don't think so, there is no webpage.
but do you think it may be good idea to write a simple webpage for all your plugins? Would make navigation more easy and (if you like to) i would add the site to the sticky thread in the general-forum of the currently most important sites for fb2k.

You've made quite a lot of plugins for fb2k and you're still more than active.

What do you think about this idea?

- Lyx

I already started this some time ago; it even had a cool menu (unfortunately done with CSS code I got from http://www.phoenity.com/newtedge/ , so the menu did not work in IE and Opera). But I was too busy writing plugins and doing other stuff, so this was a little ... deferred.
I'll do a simple one for now, and post a notice when it's done.