Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting CELT Files into WAV/MP3 (Read 3581 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting CELT Files into WAV/MP3

Greetings, I am in need to some experts to assist me. I have these CELT files that i have obtained but i don't know how to convert/encode them to WAV/MP3 files.

I did my fair of research and discovered that it is hard for a novice (more like oblivious) like me to try to convert CELT files to something else.

I have attached 2 of the batch of CELT files i have as sample and test subjects.

I hope someone would be able fulfill my request.

Thank you

PS - I hope i posted into the correct forum.

Re: Converting CELT Files into WAV/MP3

Reply #1
According to the header, the files you posted *are* wav files

Reply #2
Sorry for the late reply, but i am not sure what you mean by that.

I do recall from the extraction program i used FsbExtractor to extract the CELT from the FSB files. That it automatically added the WAV header to the extracted CELT files.

How do I make them into WAV file format that is playable by most media players.

Thanks

Reply #3
I do recall from the extraction program i used FsbExtractor to extract the CELT from the FSB files. That it automatically added the WAV header to the extracted CELT files.
How do I make them into WAV file format that is playable by most media players.

I have no idea. This is not a container I have ever seen before (and I'm the author of CELT/Opus). So you'll have to either find documentation for that format or reverse engineer it yourself.

Reply #4
I have no idea. This is not a container I have ever seen before (and I'm the author of CELT/Opus). So you'll have to either find documentation for that format or reverse engineer it yourself.

Hmmm, unfortunately i am ignorant in the ways of coding. Would it help if i provide the original FSB file (which contains the raw CELT files)?

PS - If it is relevant, i also used quickbms to extract scripts from a Varc file.

Reply #5
You can post it if you want (assuming its not copyrighted at least), but it might make more sense to talk to the people who provided you with those tools since they are apparently aware of the file format.

Reply #6
Of course it's copyrighted, it's ripped from a game. FSB files are FMod Sound Banks, frequently employed by commercially released games.

You'll have to wait for someone to care enough to try libcelt with vgmstream, assuming that the version of libcelt that was last released before it was discontinued is compatible with whatever FMod uses.