Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD - Gets stuck on bad tracks (Read 2097 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD - Gets stuck on bad tracks

Hi, 

I have the latest version of XLD.

The problem I am having is ripping CD's.  If I have a disk that is poor quality, is scratched or badly made I can not get XLD to get pass the "bad" track(s) without hitting the cancel button.  XLD will stay on a bad track all day if I don't cancel it.....

Is there anyway to set XLD up so that after a certain period of time or number of passes that it gives up and just moves on to the next track?

I use dBpower amp and it will give up warnings for the same tracks that my LD has, but I have been able to set dBpoweramp up so it will move on to the next track eventually. 

It is a real pain because I have a headless (no keyboard or screen) on my Mac Mini music server.  I can VPN into it from my desktop though.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Skibum1