Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_default_videoplayer (Read 87203 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #50
I needed "vcredist_x86.exe" - now it`s working but i thought that foobar gona decode sound, and he is not, it would be great to decode sound from video in foobar and get 5.1 on headphones with dolby headphone plugin...

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #51
I needed "vcredist_x86.exe" - now it`s working but i thought that foobar gona decode sound, and he is not, it would be great to decode sound from video in foobar and get 5.1 on headphones with dolby headphone plugin...

I guess this component is not being developped any more?
I think it's not compatible with 9.5 neither. A pitty, it seems cool...

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #52
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, just have a question

Can anyone confirm that avi and wmv files work with this component?

I'm able to get m4v (mp4 with different extension), flv, mov files working, but avi's and wmv's play in foobar i.e. not in external player.

I'm using mplayer (command line version, not the GUI). The files open fine on their own.

Thanks for any help!

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #53
This plug-in works great, except that when the videofile has finished playing, foobar doesn`t continue with the next song in the playlist. It just stops. Is it possible to fix this?

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #54
This plug-in works great, except that when the videofile has finished playing, foobar doesn`t continue with the next song in the playlist. It just stops. Is it possible to fix this?

from my experience, foobar never starts playing the file to begin with. when i double click a video file, it doesn't play in foobar, it launches my external video player. in order for foobar to know when to launch the next video, i imagine the external player would have to tell foobar to do that (i don't think any player is equipped to communicate with foobar). however, i have a workaround made possible by my video player. i use MPC homecinema which accepts command line parameters. using the run command component, i can add video files to MPC's playlist.

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #55

from my experience, foobar never starts playing the file to begin with. when i double click a video file, it doesn't play in foobar, it launches my external video player. in order for foobar to know when to launch the next video, i imagine the external player would have to tell foobar to do that (i don't think any player is equipped to communicate with foobar). however, i have a workaround made possible by my video player. i use MPC homecinema which accepts command line parameters. using the run command component, i can add video files to MPC's playlist.

I don`t think they need to comunicate other than foobar launching a process (say vlc or mpc with some video) and then waits for the process to finish before it goes on with what it was doing(playing the next song). I made a simple program once that actually did this with QT (an infoscreen for my workplace).
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qprocess.html
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qprocess.html#waitForFinished

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #56
Replying myself...:
Ok, maybe this is exactly what QProcess is doing
"The QProcess class is used to start external programs and to communicate with them"
So maybe it`s not possible with foobar

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #57
Hi, I would greatly appreciate using foobar to listen to concerts (like "Tiesto in concert 2" ^^) for I love fb2k's style, besides the audio seems to be a bit better and I'll be able to bookmark my videos ^^.
The link is alas dead  . The site has been in maintenance for sooo long I wonder when it will work......

Could someone that has already downloaded this component reupload it on  depositfiles.com / rapidshare.com / megaupload.com ?

It's only a matter of seconds for a so tiny file. I only need to play a basic AVI video so I don't care if it's not the latest version.

Thank you very much,

Thib

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #58
Code: [Select]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XLTGCCNO

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #59
Ty very much but it doesn't work  ... It keep saying :

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"F:\Musique\Clips\[HD] [HQ]\Tiesto In Concert 2\Tiesto In Concert 2.avi"

"F:\Musique\Clips\[HD] [HQ]\Tiesto_In_Concert-Live_at_Gelredome_Arnhem_10-05-2003-DVD-TRANCEZONE\Tiesto_In_Concert-Live_at_Gelredome_Arnhem_10-05-2003-DVD-TRANCEZONE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB"

"F:\Musique\Clips\[HD] [HQ]\Muse - Knights of Cydonia.divx"

It cannot open any video...

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #60
Allows you to play your video clips from foobar playlist with an external player.

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #61
Oh my gosh, this is the best plug-in idea ever. I have so many videos on my computer that I would just love to be able to sort with the beautiful simplicity of Foobar2000.  Support and refinement of the plug-in appears to have tapered away, though.  Is there any chance that an earlier suggestion about a supplementary file being added so that I can tag AVI files and others that do not naturally support metadata?  I would love love love it.  I just need a good way to tag all my movies and be able to sort them by those tags.  There must be someone out there interested in the same thing and with the skills necessary to pull it off, right?

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #62

I managed to get the component starting my video player (I use VLC), and VLC has an option to exit when done, but this issue (and this explanation) beats me.
How do I?

And:
Is there any way to extract foobar 2000's current volume setting? I'd like to use it -- or a mathematical function thereof -- as input to my video player (when that bug in VLC is resolved ...)

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #63
Hey guys - simple workaround which will make this plugin usable for everyday life. Instead of stopping playback let's mute in a background and unmute it when the track ends. Video should be normally played.

By doing that we will gain more or less continuous playback.
I think that is easy to implement.

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #64
I am also very interested in trying this plugin however it seems all uploaded locations are unavailable. Could someone please re-upload the dll file? Many Thanks 

foo_default_videoplayer

Reply #65
Considering that the OP has not been seen on the forum since January 2008, I highly doubt any further development has occurred on this plugin and it would probably have some problems running with the latest version of foobar.

That being said, being able to load a library of video files into a playlist and then opening them with an external video player would be a bonus IMO.