Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar plugin request (Read 30922 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar plugin request

Hi,
MSN just released the 604 build of MSN messnger 7 to beta testers and 'surprisingly' it leaked. Now they have added a new feature that shows the currently playing song next to your nick. A winamp plugin (toaster i guess) is already supporting this feature. I know I am a little too early but can anyone make something similar for foobar? I know its not even a public beta yet and so on but its just an innocent request (please dont flame  ) as I dont want WMP playing my songs and adding all that stuff in the folders.
Thanks

foobar plugin request

Reply #1
Hi,
MSN just released the 604 build of MSN messnger 7 to beta testers and 'surprisingly' it leaked. Now they have added a new feature that shows the currently playing song next to your nick. A winamp plugin (toaster i guess) is already supporting this feature. I know I am a little too early but can anyone make something similar for foobar? I know its not even a public beta yet and so on but its just an innocent request (please dont flame   ) as I dont want WMP playing my songs and adding all that stuff in the folders.
Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273059"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How bout using foo_winamp_spam ?
You're talking to my guy all wrong... It's the wrong tone. Say it again, and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!

foobar plugin request

Reply #2
doesnt work im using 0.7.4 with evil lyrics right now. the toaster plugin emulates a WMP window I guess

foobar plugin request

Reply #3
Hello. I came here looking for the same thing after I saw the toaster plugin at mess.be, I hope somebody could make a plugin for foobar able to use this feature in the new MSN Messenger.

Cheers, and sorry for my english.

foobar plugin request

Reply #4
Yea! I'd like to request a plugin that does this! Instead of emulation winamp, it should emulates WMP

foobar plugin request

Reply #5
Yeah it would be great !!! I hope there'll be a plugin wich works with msn 7...

foobar plugin request

Reply #6
there is now a dedicated winamp plugin for this purpose available at mess.be called "MSN Messenger Music Plugin" - fingers crossed for a foobar plugin

foobar plugin request

Reply #7
That plugin would be very welcomed

foobar plugin request

Reply #8
I'd love to see this plugin, but shouldn't the programmers wait untill the final version incase there are any changes?

foobar plugin request

Reply #9
afaik the dedicated winamp plugin was a port of the one included with WMP10. also, Messenger 7.0 isn't planned for release until early April.

foobar plugin request

Reply #10
The code to do the song updating in MSN is incredibly easy.

http://forums.msnfanatic.net/index.php?showtopic=11226

The dedicated one in winamp is no different to the one included in Toaster. I have disassembled the code in the WMP10 plugin, the winamp plugin and I obviously have the source to my Toaster plugin ( http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=...40&pagenumber=2 ) - and I can tell you they all operate the same.

Although Toaster also does http title updates and lets you format the titles using ATF, and clears the title on pause and stop etc.

foobar plugin request

Reply #13
Thanks a lot Shaneh 

foobar plugin request

Reply #14
oh the irony of it being hosted at winamp forums

Thx very much!

foobar plugin request

Reply #15
Thank you shaneh.

foobar plugin request

Reply #17
fucking amazing
thank you very much

foobar plugin request

Reply #18
Thank you! Works like a charm 

PS: I love this new feature!

foobar plugin request

Reply #20
Very Cool!!! 

foobar plugin request

Reply #21
@shaneh
thank you very much for your work!

I tell you about only one issue: when you pause the playback, the message clears and that's good, but when unpause it, the message isn't back again.

foobar plugin request

Reply #23
Thank you shaneh, I'm going to check it right now .

foobar plugin request

Reply #24
AMIP now supports MSN too, see here.