Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Set Multiple Tags via Button/Menu? (Read 1083 times) previous topic - next topic

Set Multiple Tags via Button/Menu?

TL;DR: I'm trying to find a component/plugin that will allow me to set multiple tags at once.

I currently use Playback Statistics (foo_playback_custom) to set Play Count, First Played and Last Played. I also use Quick Tagger (foo_quicktag) to set Play Count to 999 if I don't want a track in my Random Shuffle playlist (Genre = X AND Play Count < 999).

I have button that invokes the QT menu item to set Play Count to 999 but I'd like to have the button also set First and Last played.

If I can set those tags using Title Formatting Tags (so that I could do something like "Set First Played = $if2(%first_played%,$date(%date%))") that would be even better!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Wrong tag in example... woops...

Re: Set Multiple Tags via Button/Menu?

Reply #1
Short and simple, you need masstagger component. But you'll need to invoke a masstag action yourself either running the masstagger script via context menu or via a button action. You can run multiple actions in one script on multiple tag fields at once but no automatic tagging.