Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar library folder refresh (Read 3021 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar library folder refresh

Hello, been using Foobar for years, very happily. Something weird has now happened - every time I exit Foobar, the folder structure which I've been exploring stays open. I.e., up until now, closing Foobar would cause all the folders to collapse to their default "closed" structure. Is there a workaround for this? It's a minor annoyance, but still an annoyance. Thanks!

Re: Foobar library folder refresh

Reply #1
Hey there,

This feature was added to Album List in 1.4 according to the change log. (Second time mentioned this month)

Perhaps in the next update, Peter could add some right-click options to Album List: 'Collapse all nodes', 'Expand all nodes'. (If not making it an option in preferences to 'Remember expanded nodes')

Cheers ;)

Reply #2
Yes, that would be ideal. Does the core Foobar software update of its own accord? I would prefer to downgrade if so. This is not a great feature for me, as all of my music is organised into folders, with multiple sub-folders. Thus, it can get messy if there's no auto-refresh type of feature (such as exiting).

Reply #3
Hey there,

No, there is no auto-update. (I have three different portable installs at once)

I thought of a workaround for 1.4 ... although risky, shall we say. You could copy foo_albumlist.dll from a 1.3.20 install to a 1.4 install. I tested, it seems to work. Although you may prefer to downgrade or wait for an update, as obviously there might be issues doing that.

Cheers ;)

Reply #4
Thanks! That works perfectly! Much obliged, that's a great workaround.

Hey there,

No, there is no auto-update. (I have three different portable installs at once)

I thought of a workaround for 1.4 ... although risky, shall we say. You could copy foo_albumlist.dll from a 1.3.20 install to a 1.4 install. I tested, it seems to work. Although you may prefer to downgrade or wait for an update, as obviously there might be issues doing that.

Cheers ;)

Reply #5
No problem. Hopefully does not get me in trouble with the local authorities, though. :-\ (Not exactly safe practices of advice, I know)

Reply #6
Feature request noted.
For now, old album list DLL should work just fine in new fb2k.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #7
Thanks for the workaround!

Would be great if this could be fixed in a future version - my library looks a complete mess after putting together a compilation and it's a bit tedious to collapse each album individually.

Reply #8
^ This thread is a year old. Current versions of foobar have an option in Preferences > Advanced > Display > Album List to 'Remember last open state' (on restart).

Reply #9
Thank you!  Case closed.