Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k ruins %album artist% tags by adding %artist% to them when played (Read 1587 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k ruins %album artist% tags by adding %artist% to them when played

Hello,

i have this issue for several weeks. It occured on installing a new version of foobar, but unfortunatelly i can't say which one it is.

Everytime i add music to my library i manually set a %album artist% tag in order to sort my music the way i want it.
Since day X (when this issue occured) foobar always adds the content of the normal artist tag to the album artist tag when i play them the first time since day X.
So my whole media library is crapped bit by bit. I have to redo all those changes for every song that i play.

Any ideas how i could fix this?

Reply #1
Can you offer more proof such as this:

Clear the foobar2000 Console window ----> View > Console ... click the "clear" button

Open a blank "New Playlist" in your Playlist Viewer.

Drag a folder containing music files with "known good tags" into the Playlist Viewer. Before clicking "Play" on the 1st track, open the Properties page and take a screenshot of the Properties page.

Play the 1st track, open the Properties page and take another screenshot of the Properties page.

Open the foobar2000 Console window and have a look at the list of performed tasks. Copy and paste the list into a text file.

Post the two screenshots here so we can see them, and paste the Console output here (into a Codebox).

Reply #2
Advanced preferences -> Tagging -> MP3 -> ID3v2 revision and quirks -> Map TPE2 to Album Artist. Uncheck it.

Reply #3
lvqcl, that preference is checked in my foobar2000, yet I am not getting the problem that peld is getting !!?
I just did a test and nothing is going wrong; foobar2000 is behaving as expected. That preference does not affect my "Album Artist"+"Artist" tags.
There must be more to this...