Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD burning initialization failed (Read 118762 times) previous topic - next topic

CD burning initialization failed

Reply #25
You could mention which OS you use and the names of any virtual drives or similar tools you have installed. Something is preventing Microsoft's IMAPI from functioning properly and without more details it's not very easy to help you.

Reply #26
hi,

work fine with SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW 252S running XP home sp3 (desktop)

error (0xC0AA0208) with Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device running Vista Pro sp2 (laptop)

no virtual drive

i hope you could fix it soon

thank you for your work

Reply #27
I’m trying to burn Audio CD on Foobar (Windows Vista 6.0 with Imapi update) and have this information: Audio CD burning process failed: Audio track decoding failure: CD burning format mismatch. Please Help! Thanks in advance.

Reply #28
if it could help : I have Nero on desktop and roxio on laptop

Reply #29
You could mention which OS you use and the names of any virtual drives or similar tools you have installed. Something is preventing Microsoft's IMAPI from functioning properly and without more details it's not very easy to help you.

Drive: NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A

I'm running XP Professional SP3 on a desktop. DAEMON Tools Lite 4.30.1 is managing my virtual drives (disabling doesn't help). I found an old version of foo_burninate on my last system backup. So, it's not urgent anymore but it still doesn't work for me.

Thanks!

Reply #30
Could you guys tell us the make and model of your CD-R drive?

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M

Windows XP Professional with service pack 3 update on HP DV5167D Notebook

Thank you very kindly for your time.  I love Foobar and adding CD Writer would be fantastic.

Reply #31
Great plugin. However, is it just me being stupid, or isn't it possible to change the write speed?

Same problem here, where's the write speed???
This is one of the most basic functions and must be very easy to implement. And if I remember correctly it was there in older versions...?!

Reply #32
All I would like is to be able to compile a playlist and to burn it so that it has replay gain and the sound is compressed so that when you playback the files they sound like you would hear on the radio.  Not much to ask is it.....I have tried also to download the burner without any luck so I hope someone on here will be able to make this possible. I even tried removing Foobar then reinstalling the player which you would think would have all the new features automatically on there but no

Reply #33
All I would like is to be able to compile a playlist and to burn it so that it has replay gain and the sound is compressed so that when you playback the files they sound like you would hear on the radio.  Not much to ask is it.....I have tried also to download the burner without any luck so I hope someone on here will be able to make this possible. I even tried removing Foobar then reinstalling the player which you would think would have all the new features automatically on there but no

At least you can use the converter function to apply replaygain to the data and output to a file which can then be burned on a separate software such as dbpoweramp.  I'm not sure the result of applying replaygain is accurately called compression but it is helpful for volume considerations from track to track.

Reply #34
Just to reinforce issue---
Also getting unknown error code 0xC0AA0208
Running XP Pro SP3
IMAPI installed (or wouldn't get this far)
No virtual drives
Drive is _NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A

Reply #35
i have a question :
is what someone has run the plugin succesfully with a dvd burner ?
it would be great if i could use it on my laptop (outside home)

thanks

Reply #36
i have a question :
is what someone has run the plugin succesfully with a dvd burner ?
it would be great if i could use it on my laptop (outside home)

thanks

My laptop drive is a DVD burner also and as I posted here Foobar Audio Cd Writer does not work.  I do not have any virtual drives.  It does appear that most if not all examples of failure posted here involve XP Professional with SP3.

Reply #37
Yeah, mine's a DVD burner as well, and I can't burn (using Windows XP Professional SP3, no virtual drives). I'm not really sure what the specific brand is, as it's not really labeled and the system info for it provided when I look in Everest and similar utilities is not terribly verbose.

Reply #38
I'm getting the following error using Vista Ultimate SP1 x64:

CD burning initialization failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA020C)
Project Leader of DDResampled

Reply #39
I have a DVD Burner, so Foo_burninator will not work for me, but ImgBurn works, and I can use that to burn iso's.  What would it take to add the ability to write a disc to iso in foo_burninate?

Reply #40
can we do something to help solve issue (0xC0AA0208) ?
or just wait ??
In my opinion it is the most useful plugin ever written for foobar
it's a pity  I can't use it with my dvd burner

thanks

Reply #41
same problem. Everytime I hit Write Audio CD I get directed to Microsoft supprt page
Win XP SP2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952011

I want to download from Microsoft even less than I want to download from Nero

Reply #42
Why?
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #43
From IMAPI documentation:

0xC0AA020C - The drive does not support the GET CONFIGURATION command.
0xC0AA0208 - The drive reported that the combination of parameters provided in the mode page for a MODE SELECT command were not supported.

Don't know about the 20C error, but the 208 one can be caused by SATA drivers, especially if it's nVidia, but some versions of Intel drivers cause this too (especially in AHCI mode). If this is your case, try to install the default Microsoft IDE driver on the controller you have the burner connected to.

Reply #44
A happy note here:  the new Burninate works fine for me, using Win7 RC 32 bit and a SATA DVD burner no less.  Didn't need to download anything else.  Program even successfully erased my CDRW before burning too.  Gapless mp3 worked fine; that was my test.

Would be nice to be able to control write speed but not that critical as I probably will only use this once in a while.  Overall a nice addition for my purposes and glad Nero is not required.

Reply #45
Why?

uhhhh, because I don't trust them?? Even more than I don't trust Nero?

Luckily, still have my Nero disc, so if I need that one file to use the old burniate (thank goodness I backed up the old version), I can probably find it there

Reply #46
^ You do realize that your OS is made by microsoft?

Reply #47
I just downloaded this new version and tried it on my Windows 7 machine and I get Audio CD burning process failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA0208) everytime...

My drive is an NEC ND-3550A.

Any suggestions?

Reply #48
have you the updated Image Mastering API from MS?

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofive...php/t72934.html

terry

EDIT

Description of foo_burninate as per wiki.

Adds support for burning audio CDs from any of supported audio formats, through context menu commands.
Operating System Support

Windows Vista SP1 and Windows 7: works out-of-the-box
Windows XP and Windows Vista SP0: IMAPIv2 redistributable package must be installed in order to use this component.

Reply #49
hi
to summarize we have error 0xC0AA0208 with this drive :
NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A
NEC DVD+-RW AD-5540A
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532M
NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A
NEC ND-3550A

running : xp vista and window7

@ LordWarlock : thanks for your answer but I have already the default Microsoft IDE driver on the burner's controller