Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to use Sony home theatre 2010 model to get hifi sound  (Read 445 times) previous topic - next topic

how to use Sony home theatre 2010 model to get hifi sound

Hi I am Rupesh from India and one of my friend has gifted me Sony home theatre system old model and it is working fine but I want to know how to use it to get high quality sound.

The home theatre model is Sony home theatre hdb dz 310 which was manufactured around 2010.

It came with two front speakers and two rear or surround speakers one centre speaker and one subwoofer. Total 6 speaker's.

It has Dolby pro logic and dts which was specified in its help page. It doesn't have Bluetooth receiver support but has USB support.

Sony home theatre system operating instructions or manual page is

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4165/41654701M.pdf

This manual consists of all the instructions about how to install and connect the components and how to configure. It also consists of the definitions of all keys found in the Sony home theatre remote. It explains everything but I am somewhat confused in understanding so I am asking help from you. It explains everything with pictures.

I am able to get output from all speakers except front right speaker and the sound quality is good. The front right speaker is working fine I mean the port present at the back side of Sony system is not working fine. When I try to plug the wire of front right speaker into another port of Sony system I am getting sound but when I plug the wire to the port of front right of Sony system I am not getting sound. But still the overall listening experience is good.

As my Sony system has Dolby pro logic and dts is it possible to select Dolby pro logic or dts at once. I have tried to select but I can't understand setting names and the output quality is not as expected.

I have found the following entries in the key SUR.SETTING of Sony home theatre remote.

AFD MULTI (AUTO FORMAT DIRECT MULTI)

PRO LOGIC

PLII MOVIE

PLII MUSIC

2CH STEREO

A.F.D STD (AUTO FORMAT DIRECT STANDARD)

In the manual I found somewhere as "To turn off the sound effect
Select other than “A.F.D. STD” or “A.F.D.
MULTI” for “SUR.SETTING” (page 50)."

So I think that all these options belongs to surround sound but I am not sure.

I have found the following entries in the key SOUND MODE which is present in the Sony home theatre remote.

Auto

Movie

Music.

I have found another key called DYNAMIC BASS which consists of entries on off.

I have found a key called AUDIO in my remote. I have searched for this key in manual and found the instructions as "Selects the audio format/track". When I press this particular key I found the following entries.

1/L

2/R

STEREO

I got good sound when I have selected the settings I mean I got good boss, beats, good vocals, instrumental sounds when I selected AFD MULTI (AUTO FORMAT DIRECT MULTI) under SUR.SETTING key and SOUND MODE to music. I have kept DYNAMIC BASS settings on.

Now my questions are as follows

1) What are the meanings of AFD MULTI PRO LOGIC, PLII MOVIE, PLII MUSIC, 2CH STEREO, A.F.D STD.

2) There are proprietary standards like dts and Dolby Atmos, Dolby pro logic etc., and so how can I select dts to experience good sound.

Likewise can I select Dolby pro logic to experience good sound.

3) The present Sony home theatre has one aux 3.5 mm port and so can I get high quality sound when I connect my phone or PC through 3.5 mm aux cable.

4) The present Sony home theatre has TV (AUDIO IN R/L) jacks which are at backside and so can I connect my PC to home theatre through these jacks to get maximum quality sound through all speakers.

5)  What are the meanings of the following which are present in the remote key AUDIO

1/L

2/R

STEREO.

6) Can you suggest how many decibels to assign to each speaker.

At present I have lots of music files and USB pendrive and the home theatre supports playing mp3 files through USB. Most of the time I want to listen to music through home theatre but I need help from you on how to select best options to get pleasant sound.

The manual provided consists of everything with pictures by which you can refer. Kindly try to suggest answers for the above questions.

If you can't answer everything try to suggest a guide which explains all I want.

Regards,
Rupesh.
Regards,
Rupesh.