Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: which is the best Bluetooth tws and how to use it on Android 14 smartphone. (Read 2519 times) previous topic - next topic

which is the best Bluetooth tws and how to use it on Android 14 smartphone.

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have purchased android 13 smartphone called One Plus Nord CE 3 which has Qualcomm Snapdragon 778 G processor and 8 GB Ram. Most of the time I use my phone to listen music. Previously before buying one plus I have used LG G7 Plus Thinq which has Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 cpu and hifi quad DAC and aux port. The new One Plus Phone doesn't have aux port.

Listening music in LG G7 Plus Thinq was very nice because it has quad DAC and aux port. There's no chance of degrade in the output through earphones.

But at present I have One Plus Nord CE 3 which came with Android 13 and I have upgraded to Android 14 but unfortunately it doesn't have aux port and so if I want to connect earphones I must use type c adapter. I have brought a low price type c adapter and connected earphones through it. The quality of the output is lower than the one which I got while using LG G7 Plus Thinq.

So I searched for other ways and found Bluetooth tws and so I have brought realme buds air 3 neo. The quality of the output is still lower than the one which I got while using LG G7 Plus Thinq.

Yesterday one of my friend gifted me Bluetooth tws called apple air buds pro 1st generation which was manufactured in 2019 and connected to my one plus Nord ce 3. Actually I have connected the same apple air buds pro in my neighbour apple iPhone and the output is greater than the one which I got while using LG G7 Plus Thinq.

When I connect the same apple air buds pro in my present Android 14 one plus Nord ce 3 the output is not the same as I got in apple iPhone.

In apple iPhone I have seen some settings such as spatial audio but I can't find such settings in my present Android 14 one plus Nord ce 3.

Another issue is both realme buds air 3 Neo and apple air buds pro are by default using AAC codec with 16 bit  depth but my phone supports Qualcomm aptx, LDAC, AAC and other three options with bit depths 16, 24, 32 etc.,.

I think that there's no proper support or configuration for apple air buds pro in Android smartphone. But there is full support for apple air buds in all apple devices like iPhone, iPod, iMac etc.,.

At present I have both Bluetooth tws systems Apple Air Buds Pro and Realme Buds Air 3 Neo and so which is the best one among the two.

If you think listening music through earphones and type c adapter may I know which is the best low price type c adapter. Here I have high resolution dual dynamic mi earphones.

If you think apple air buds pro is the best choice is there any way to configure them like selecting Spatial surround sound, Dolby Atmos etc.,. I have used androbuds app but I am not satisfied. Is there any app to configure apple air buds pro better in Android 14.

Is there any way to force all Bluetooth tws systems to use Qualcomm aptx because it provides output with high quality. Is there any way to select the bit depth higher than 16 bit in AAC mode.

Any links or documents for the newcomer like me regarding Bluetooth tws systems are helpful.

As I am newcomer I have expressed my thoughts which may be wrong.

Kindly suggest which is the best way to listen music on Android 14 smartphone which doesn't have aux port. I mean is it preferable to use earphones through type c adapter or use any Bluetooth tws buds.

Regards,
Rupesh.
Regards,
Rupesh.

Re: which is the best Bluetooth tws and how to use it on Android 14 smartphone.

Reply #1
Just some thoughts:

The USB-C to stereo jack converter should have a hard time to noticeably degrade the audio quality, except for clear connection issues (dropouts, rattling when moving the connector, i.e. glaring issues). So any connector you find that snuggly and safely fits both connector should sound identically. A little trial and error might be needed here, but you can settle at the first adapter that handles your daily usage well (plug shape, cable length and durability).

Concerning bluetooth: yes, the codecs used are lossy, but like with the lossy codec your music is most likely stored in (or streamed through), the artifacts are typically not perceptible, except for select problem samples and very attentive listening (usually in an ABX setting). Your concern for bit depths, especially greater than 16 bit lead me to suspect that you might focus on the wrong stuff. Most differences between devices here are most likely due to the fit in your ears, any equalizer/DSP settings in Android or companion app and perceived volume, not codec or bit depth differences. All recent bluetooth implementations should just sound "fine" for casual listening.

Finally: reports of being able to discern 16 bit from higher bit depths are only reliably reported when using exaggerated  volume levels when focusing on low-amplitude material, so that quantization can become noticeable, not with "typical" material with sane/safe volume levels.

Reply #2
Is there any way to force all Bluetooth tws systems to use Qualcomm aptx because it provides output with high quality.
Very simple, both sender and sinks should support the same  codec. If you buy a TWS without APTX support, you can use APTX of course. Feel free to believe APTX to be high quality (384 kbs).
AAC might be a better choice as is is not a simple side band codec but fully exploits the psycho/acoustic model.

Technically you get the best by using your phone as a transport only. So connecto to to a hell of a USB DAC. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tempotec-sonata-bhd-pro-portable-dac-amp-review.47929/

A TWS is a portable hifi system. It is a DAC, an amp and a pair of speakers. Of course Bluetooth is lossy compression but one can get pretty good result imho. At least I'm happy with my Jabra evolve earbuds 2.
TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Reply #3
You guys are experts in listening music through advanced audio devices but I am newcomer and so I have asked several questions but I will follow sincerely what you said and select the proper device.

Listening music through apple air buds pro is somewhat better than realme buds air 3 Neo. But this particular apple buds was manufactured in 2019 and realme buds are manufactured in 2023.

Can you suggest which is preferable among the two.

Also can you suggest is there any benefit in selecting apple usbc dongle and mi dual dynamic earphones than listening through apple air buds pro.

Yesterday I have tried to recharge apple air buds pro and waited upto 85 minutes but I have not seen any indication in apple air buds charging case that the device is fully charged. How much time does it take to recharge the apple buds air pro to 100 percent.
Regards,
Rupesh.

Reply #5
Hi someone said that inorder to spatial audio work Android smartphone must support Dolby Atmos.

Yes my smartphone has Dolby Atmos and it's enabled.

I have installed power amp Equalizer which provides presets like rock, soft, pop, soft bass, bass etc.,.

Is it possible to run Dolby Atmos and power amp Equalizer at the same time.

Dolby Atmos do not have any presets which power amp Equalizer has and so I have installed power amp Equalizer.

Another interesting thing is that power amp Equalizer has presets like Apple AirPods (Rtings earbud), Air buds (Inner Fidelity in-ear) etc.,.

What does Rtings earbud and Inner Fidelity in-ear mean and is there any relationship between those presets and apple air buds pro.
Regards,
Rupesh.

Reply #6
Hi is there any usb type c to 3.5 mm aux with quad dac.

Someone from doom9 forums suggested that using Equalizers and Dolby Atmos is of no use at any time whether listening music through dac and earphones or through Bluetooth TWS systems.

I will check it weather it is true or not.
Regards,
Rupesh.

Reply #7
> Is there any way to force all Bluetooth tws systems to use Qualcomm aptx because it provides output with high quality.

IIRC someone did a comparison between aptx and SBC (mandatory, the only codec that's always available),
and found that aptx actually performs worse if you give them comparable bitrate.
Which is not surprising if it was mostly made as a money grab attempt (licensing, etc.)
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed

Reply #9
> Is there any way to force all Bluetooth tws systems to use Qualcomm aptx because it provides output with high quality.

IIRC someone did a comparison between aptx and SBC (mandatory, the only codec that's always available),
and found that aptx actually performs worse if you give them comparable bitrate.
Which is not surprising if it was mostly made as a money grab attempt (licensing, etc.)

I think that AAC which is supported by major Bluetooth TWS systems is the best is it true.

Someone suggested using equilizer like power amp Equalizer and Dolby Atmos degrade the quality of output. Is it true.

What is the main need of equilizer like power amp and Dolby Atmos.
Regards,
Rupesh.

Reply #11
https://www.soundguys.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-bluetooth-headphones-aac-20296/
The linked article says the word "psychoacoustic" and still uses pictures of frequency response and SNR.
How interesting.
Indeed, some Android venders may be using poor implementation, but you can see that ASOP is based on FDK-AAC and the default bitrate is 320k:
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/bt/+/android-p-preview-3/stack/a2dp/a2dp_aac_encoder.cc
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/system/bt/+/oreo-dr1-dev/stack/a2dp/a2dp_aac.cc

Without explicit AACENC_BANDWIDTH option, FDK-AAC will use cut-off freq at around 17kHz even at 320kbps, but FDK-AAC is far from "poor quality" audio encoder.

Reply #12
Hi I have ordered realme buds air 5 pro TWS which supports LDAC and Bluetooth 5.3 and high resolution audio.

This product has LDAC and costs low price than all other Bluetooth TWS systems.
Regards,
Rupesh.