Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Backing up CD collection: CueRipper or EAC? (Read 2785 times) previous topic - next topic

Backing up CD collection: CueRipper or EAC?

I'm planning on backing up my CD collection as wav image and cue sheet in secure mode. I've been testing both and I found CueRipper to be a lot easier. Which one would you choose and why?

Re: Backing up CD collection: CueRipper or EAC?

Reply #1
CueRipper, mostly because the checking against CTDB is reliable enough for me to not having to deal with slow/paranoid read speeds of EAC. And because I use(d) CueTools (same download package) to periodically check my files for corruption, it's a no-brainer to just use CueRipper as well. I also faintly remember some unicode related issues with EAC, but that seems to be a thing of the past.

A side note about your planned backup format, there is really no reason to backup to wav instead of any lossless format like flac/wavpack/etc. Image vs split tracks is a matter of preference, on the other hand. I prefer to have split tracks + .cue because I use wavpack hybrid, so I just copy the lossy part to my phone - no need to transcode, worry about transferring all tags or having to manage a separate collection.