Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: batch scan playlists for dead entries (Read 3645 times) previous topic - next topic

batch scan playlists for dead entries

hi,

i am looking for a portable tool, that will batch scan playlists (m3u8) for dead entries and list playlists & files that need to be corrected.

Reply #1
its not exactly what i was looking for, but with mediamonkey it is possible to drop m3u8 and sort for dead entries.

anyone knows, how to add a column which will show the relating playlistnames?

Reply #2
i am looking for a portable tool, that will batch scan playlists (m3u8) for dead entries and list playlists & files that need to be corrected.

It's probably also not exactly what you are looking for but you could
  • install the freeware audio player foobar2000 in portable mode,
  • then open your m3u8 files with it and then
  • choose from the menu Edit -> Remove dead items.
foobar2000 imports the m3u8 to a playlist and the 'Remove dead items' command removes all missing files from it, which are also listed in foobar's console [menu: View]. The console's content can be copied or written to a file.

In addition you could try the component foo_playlist_revive in order to adjust links to missing files automatically if possible.

Finally export foobar2000's updated playlist back to m3u8.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #3
i am already using foobar, the problem is, when importing playlists, dead entries are left out and ''only'' shown in the console.

thats why i would like to quick check all playlists before i import them.

thanks for linking to that plugin, might be a good solution when having many playlist tabs in foobar.