Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Asynchronous tag updating? (Read 4303 times) previous topic - next topic

Asynchronous tag updating?

I skimmed a thread the other day in which someone was talking about asynchronous tag updating to be employed in an upcoming 0.9.3.  Now for the life of me I cannot locate that thread.

What is asynchronous tag updating?

Thanks.

Reply #1
It's a new measure against app's user interface being blocked during tag read/write operations. Unless you are a developer using the SDK, you probably don't care, unless you get particularly annoyed by app behaviors during long tag read/write runs or adding new files or ML rescans.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
It's a new measure against app's user interface being blocked during tag read/write operations. Unless you are a developer using the SDK, you probably don't care, unless you get particularly annoyed by app behaviors during long tag read/write runs or adding new files or ML rescans.

I'm in fact pretty annoyed that i cant access the UI when rescanning my media library 
Looking forward to the new version, I'm glad you continue to improve foobar even though it's almost perfect to me 

Thanks, Tich

Reply #3
I'm in fact pretty annoyed that i cant access the UI when rescanning my media library

Global hotkeys to the rescue! It's not much but it's better than being locked out.